Corsair Community

Flashed firmware, now won't turn on. Is it bricked?

swampylogs

I opened up a brand new K95 RGB Platinum on Wednesday and immedoately began having the common problem wherein the keyboard lighting will freeze and the keys will become unresponsive. This was coupled with the keyboard not turning off on shutdown. I tried updating every driver I could think of, uninstalled and reinstalled iCue, tried every usb port, even tried buying a powered USB hub, to no avail. I contacted customer support and they advised me to "flash the firmware" by connecting the keyboard with the pinhole button held down, deleting the firmware on the keyboard, and copying over the file they had included in their email. After doing this, my keyboard will not turn on or light up in any way whatsoever when connected to any port on or around my computer. I have this sinking feeling that they're going to ask me to send my keyboard in for repair and I'll have to spend *yet more time* without the expensive keyboard I paid for and would like to enjoy. Is there any way to get it to at least turn on again, or otherwise avoid sending it away?

• 6 months later...
I have the same issue I updated the firmware and it looked as if it was finished and the keyboard was unresponsive. I contacted support and they sent me a file and instructions on how to reset the board and deleted the firmware.bin file and copy the new file to the CRP_DISABLED drive and then disconnect the keyboard and it should recover or work. NO JOY it tried this on two different PC's

Archived