Corsair Community

Diffrence between Lightning Node Pro and Normal Lightning Node?

drcmclow

hi im planning on building a pc.

i already have the corsair 140 LL fans and my motherboard setup.

they work like they should and i love them!

i now plan on buying led stripes.

i also made a experiment and pluged the FAN led controller in the asus motherboard LED output.

its working with aura but ONLY like a normal led strip this way.

but since there is no Lighting node anymore it dont work with corsair link anymore.

because the lack of the effects of link i put back the lightning node inside.

i have a few questions i couldnt really find online...

-i found two diffrent corsair LED , one has the Lightning pro node

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Categories/Products/Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW

and the other one has no adapter with them but probally go with the lighintn node (without pro) i think.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Storage/CORSAIR-Link-Lighting-Node/p/CL-9011103-WW

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-Link-RGB-LED-Lighting-Kit/p/CL-8930001

i also noticed one the pro has only 3 pins and the other set has 4pins?

could it be the one with the 4pin connection only lights up in one color at once?

and the pro with the 3 pin has the real rgb feature so the can light up at diffrent colors at the same time?

-how many led can the corsair link software drive?

for example i have two led stips on a lightning node both of the strips has 25led,

would link be able to recognize the 25 led from a strip? i only saw pictures only where link showed 10 led per strip???

-how many lighing node pro the link software can display?

for example if would add 10 extra strips (5lighting nodes)?

-i really would like to get a 5m roll of ws2811 (pin) rgb can anybody confirm they would work with corsair link?

or can anybody tell me what kinde of led the lightning pro model using ?

- is there a way to get the asus motherboard z370i led showing up in link?

- when will the SYNC it software come out?

i will get me a strafe keyboard and allt he other led stuff soon would be cool to controll everything together...

sorry for all the stupid questions... :D

First, take a look at the RGB FAQ link in my signature.

You want to get the Lighting Node Pro. DO NOT get the Lighting Node (without Pro). This is an older device and isn't typically sold anymore. Stick with the NoPro.

The NoPro can handle up to 4 strips per channel on the Lighting Node Pro. If you're creative, you can get up to 6 on there and configure then as 5 HD fans (rather than the max of 4 strips). Don't be tempted to do more than that; you'll risk drawing too much current.

I would be cautious just throwing additional strips, especially 5m work, of LEDs. You have 4.5A of current to work with and you really don't want all of that coming from one header. That's a limitation of the SATA power specification. A 5m roll will definitely try to draw more than 4.5A of current; that won't be good at all.

You cannot get the Asus Aura motherboard lighting to show up in Link.

Yeah, be careful. The new web redesign has a pathway that takes you to the wrong lighting node. I deal with this stuff everyday and still needed a minute to figure out what I was looking at. It is confusing because it is a redirect from a page with all the new RGB stuff.

As above, you want a Lighting Node PRO that comes with some of the RGB fans or a Commander Pro if you want desktop software control as well.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, be careful. The new web redesign has a pathway that takes you to the wrong lighting node. I deal with this stuff everyday and still needed a minute to figure out what I was looking at. It is confusing because it is a redirect from a page with all the new RGB stuff.

As above, you want a Lighting Node PRO that comes with some of the RGB fans or a Commander Pro if you want desktop software control as well.

Can you share that with me?

And yes, just to chime in... legacy LINK devices such as Commander Mini and OG Lighting Node DO NOT work with our RGB fans and lighting strips that utilize individually addressable RGB LEDs.

I'm working to make it clear in future updates to those particular web pages.

Can you share that with me?

From the main splash page... Product Menu -> drop down to Corsair Link

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/corsairlink

This brings you directly to the older Commander Mini, but it is the main landing page for Link and with current RGB products below it is not compatible with. For those not familiar with the line, it would be easy to mistake the Mini as current and Pro as old (which is not featured on the page). I stumbled into this another way while looking at something else, but I cannot remember where.

thx, ok i got it so the old link stuff is just basic colors no adressable colors...

i dont plan on putting 5m in the case lol they just sold in 5m rolls....

also if i would use 5 i would use a extra extern powersupply for that....

still got alot of question :D:D

so how many LED lights each outpout of the the lightingn node pro can controll inside link?

and how much can each output handle in ampere?

and what voltage are they? 12 or 5?

basically u just can controll two stripes from one node...

u can extend them but they still will are one stripe inside LINK...

how many nodes the link software will recognize?

i know a little bit about led because i do alot with arduino and raspberry.. i already builded ambilights and stuff..

but corsair really making it confusing...

Have you taken a look at the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature? Most of your questions are answered there.

All of the Corsair Pro RGB series LEDs are 5V. Output is limited by the SATA specification at 4.5A.

ok thanks good to know they 5v... and sata is 4.5a... i planing on adding a long stripe with a seperate extern powersupply not from the sata...

i will check out the faq thx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived