The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2018, 07:02 PM
pmpadgett86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956741
pmpadgett86 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Void mic not working Win10

I have been all over the internet on forums and what have you and even emailed Corsair about this. I bought the Corsair Void RGB headphones awhile back and the sound quality is great but I cannot record anything. The mic shows up as working and plugged in wherever I look but doesn't pick up any sound. My first thought was maybe a hardware issue so I plugged it into a different PC using Windows Vista and the mic worked like a charm. This tells me it is not a hardware issue but some type of compatibility issue and I scoured the web looking for an answer and found nothing to fix it. So I put them away out of frustration, I am here to try and get this taken care of. I have done so much to fix this literally did a fresh install of Win10 and had no change in the mic. Did everything Corsair told me to do in an email and nothing.

Help please before I give up on these.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:53 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 956896
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Have you already tried the steps in the sticky at the top?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177498

Old 05-31-2018, 07:53 PM
pmpadgett86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956915

Spring update doesn't apply since I was having issues before the update. I can assure you those steps have been taken.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:10 PM
pmpadgett86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956916

I have done multiple uninstall and reinstalling of drivers and software as well as a fresh install of Win 10. When I first encountered this issue I plugged it into a Win Vista laptop and the mic worked perfect, so I know it's not the headset itself. I don't know what else to do, outside of different headphones. Even then though let's say there is a compatibility with my motherboard for example I can't use another Corsair Void.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 957011
Corsair Mint Reputation: 24

Have you checked to make sure the microphone for the headset is set as the default device vs default communications device?

Old 06-09-2018, 01:14 PM
pmpadgett86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958388

yes I have checked

Old 06-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 958916
Corsair Mint Reputation: 24

Hmmm, that's really strange. So it's limited to something on your main system running Windows 10. Does it happen with and without CUE actively running?

Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 PM

POST ID # = 959281
anfo Reputation: 10

I've owned the Void Headphones for a while and despite some initial setup woes it has worked flawlessly...up until recently.
This post just about sums up what has been happening to me. Headphones work, but microphone doesn't. In Teamspeak, Steam chat, anywhere. It is only until I go into Sound>Recording>Configure>Set up Microphone that it will work again.
Seems to have started after a recent Windows update, but I can't fully validate that.

Last edited by anfo; 06-16-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:05 AM

POST ID # = 959326
xCile91 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfo View Post
I've owned the Void Headphones for a while and despite some initial setup woes it has worked flawlessly...up until recently.
This post just about sums up what has been happening to me. Headphones work, but microphone doesn't. In Teamspeak, Steam chat, anywhere. It is only until I go into properties and do a 'listen' test, does the microphone work again.
Seems to have started after a recent Windows update, but I can't fully validate that.
I just got the headset, it worked fine but after a restart of my new PC, it stopped working. Did the "listen" thing and it works again.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:34 AM

POST ID # = 961456
anfo Reputation: 10

I was hoping the recent iCue software update would fix this, however the issue remains and is totally random. If I am about to speak to someone in Discord, Steam chat or Teamspeak it is a roll of the dice whether the microphone works.
Sometimes it will work from the start of a conversation or game, then if there is some moments of quiet the mic suddenly stops working.
My workaround at this point is to go to my new "Set up Microphone" desktop shortcut, (handy now that the mic stops so often) and run the Headset Microphone wizard to get it working again.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:38 PM

POST ID # = 961984
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

@anfo try the solution here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177498
If that doesn't work, send me a screenshot of your Recording Devices screen so I can verify some things.

@xcile91 do you still have issues after restarting? Or has it stopped?

@pmpadgett86 Can you hear yourself when using sidetone?