The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2017, 11:03 AM

POST ID # = 929628
ShadowRanger Reputation: 10

I am having the exact same issue as described by everyone here. This is with my Corsair VOID Pro RGB USB headset. One interesting thing I found is that uninstalling CUE and using the default generic USB headset drivers provided by Windows I have no issues at all. The weird static dissapears. It seems like it only happens when the Corsair drivers are installed. I would be happy to just use the generic drivers but I don't want to have my RGB flashing rainbow because CUE isn't installed to handle its lighting. Please fix this Corsair. I can provide any additional details if need be.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 930104
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

I'll go ahead and provide this info to our developers for review. Can you provide your systems specs too so we can add it to our log? Also, which Corsair headset are you using?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 AM

POST ID # = 930203
ShadowRanger Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
I'll go ahead and provide this info to our developers for review. Can you provide your systems specs too so we can add it to our log? Also, which Corsair headset are you using?
Thanks for the reply. I hope this issue gets fixed as soon as possible. Here are my additional details:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K (Socket 1150)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows Version: Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)
Corsair Headset Model: Corsair VOID Pro RGB USB Gaming Headset
CUE Version: 2.20.72
Firmware Version: 0.01

Old 12-12-2017, 06:48 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930205
Zotty Reputation: 49

I have it also, void pro wireless,.. its intermittent for me and if i flick to another audio source and then back again it goes away.. also goes away when unplugging the dongle then plugging it back in... its there but not really been a pain thus far..

Old 12-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930266
Kurakkon Reputation: 10

Getting this too.

What I've noticed is that in the Sound > VOID > Properties > Advanced > Default Format sample rate is set to just one selection that can't be changed and it looks to be quite low in terms of quality. Not even DVD level (though I can't see for sure what it is ATM as I don't have the Corsair app installed any more).

However, after I uninstalled the Corsair utility app and then reviewed the same I can choose, for example, 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000hz (DVD Quality) out of several selections and at that level, I don't get the crunchy, static effect when actions are performed in game.

In my case, the game I've noticed it in is Fortnite, when farming trees and brick. There's a scratching, static noise that accompanies the end of an action. This doesn't happen when this setting it set to the above sample rate. I've double checked this with my main 5.1 speakers also, setting the sample rate down to that which appears to be locked when the Corsair app is installed and it produces the same static-y result.

So, in summary, the Corsair app seems to be locking the VOID sample rate very low and it cannot be manually altered unless the Corsair app is uninstalled, at which point you're left with a 2 channel VOID. This causes the noise.

As some background to my situation, I installed Windows 10 completely afresh after upgrading my PC hardware at which point this issue became immediately apparent. It was not apparent on my prior setup but I can't say what version of the Corsair app I was using. It will have have been an older version, as I recall it throwing an error when looking for updates. This in turn could mean that me grabbing the latest version of the Corsair app, thus newer code, is looking to be the root of the issue.

Hope this helps, as running games in 2 channel stereo is not why I spent so much money on these.

Last edited by Kurakkon; 12-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930514

Is there any update on this issue?

Old 12-15-2017, 05:03 PM

POST ID # = 930721
olaw Reputation: 10

Hi!
Just got the void pro wireless and also noticed the static, one way to get rid of this is to close the CUE OR set the lightning effects RGB all to 0. when adjusting the numbers i could hear the buzz getting louder or lower depending the color setting. It would be really appreciated if they could fix this in future update and also fix the CUE.exe ram usage...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932005

Can we please get an update on this issue? The boards here seem rife with other people experiencing static/crackling problems with the audio.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:04 AM
MTurner95's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932206
MTurner95 Reputation: 10
Default Same Here!

I've just received the Corsair Void Pro 7.1 Wireless RBG headset for Christmas and every time I open up a program that is capable of making a noise there's a quiet static hiss that won't give up. I've tried all sorts so far including all suggestions stated above. It's beginning to give me a headache and I'm having to switch to my previous pair of Corsair HS40 USB to keep me sane. I am Autistic and I'm very sensitive to sound so I've always put money into good quality items. It's a little disappointing when things like this crop up.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:10 AM
MTurner95's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932242
MTurner95 Reputation: 10
Default Solution! (Part)

So I've had all the same issues as you guys above but I've found a solution for myself. So my general audio set up usually has me having my PC's volume at 100% and then turning each game down within the games settings accordingly. So for instance World of Warcraft is on 3% and Heroes of the storm on 10%.

I noticed that if I brought my PC's volume below 75% the static would disappear. So I reduced my PC's volume to 50% and increased all my set game volumes to double their original values and WHALA! Sorted.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Piquichu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932358
Piquichu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurner95 View Post
So I've had all the same issues as you guys above but I've found a solution for myself. So my general audio set up usually has me having my PC's volume at 100% and then turning each game down within the games settings accordingly. So for instance World of Warcraft is on 3% and Heroes of the storm on 10%.

I noticed that if I brought my PC's volume below 75% the static would disappear. So I reduced my PC's volume to 50% and increased all my set game volumes to double their original values and WHALA! Sorted.
it is not a solution for me

Old 12-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Kurakkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932374

Same, my system level volume is at most 50%.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:00 AM

POST ID # = 932620
Toastyness Reputation: 10

I know this is unrelated but i cannot make my own post and i dont know how to open CUE

Old 12-30-2017, 05:26 AM

POST ID # = 932975

Hi, returned the wireless void pro and got the usb version. So far no static, so in my case i might have experienced white noise from the 2.4ghz transmitter.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:20 PM

POST ID # = 933054

Update: experienced the static yet again, became frustrated and disassembled the left speaker can, turns out it's the circuit board that makes the static/whine/buzz/ when it heats up and there is no way to fix it. What a piece of junk!

Tags
sound problem, static noise