Corsair Community

H100i GTX question

RANSEL

Dear Sirs of Corsair:

After giving maintenance to my PC, I am observing that my cooling system Corsair H100i GTX is working at higher temeratures than normal. I have used this cooling system for one year and two months already. The software Corsair Link (Ver 4.6) reports working temperatures from 37 to 38 celsius degrees in the sensor H100i GTX with the CPU being idle (the processor is Core i7 4790 without activation of turbo boots) , the temperature of the cores oscilates between 38 and 42 celsius degrees without load. I verified twice that all the mounting of the system is correct and I have applied thermal paste Arctic MX-4, the temperature in the computer room is 30 celsius degrees; the CPU when under load reaches a temperature of 67 to 70 celsius degrees, my pump setting is in performance mode (3000- 3060 rpm) and the fans´speed is configured to 78% with 2280 rpm.

Before the maintenance, with this same room temperature, the CPU did not surpass 56-57 celsius degrees under load, with same settings and thermal paste. Moreover I notice some overheating in one of the hoses and in the rear left part of the radiator. As for the sound the pump makes, it seems normal to the ear, without strange mechanical noise.

I would appreciate to receive your technical criteria and advice on this issue, the version of the H100i GTX firmware is 2.3.0.

Thanks a lot in advance for your attention, with best regards, Ransel Gonzalez Garcia.

This does seem to be a re-occurring issue with that cooler. Particulate of some type develops and perhaps you are lucky enough for it to sit in one place doing little harm. You take the radiator down and move it around, disturbing the particulate, which then migrates somewhere else where it causes problems.

You don't really want to RMA if you don't need to. You can see if it settles down or try and force a re-settlement by shaking it around. That is hit or miss to be sure. Generally the outflow tube will be warm and the return tube cooler, but if there is a strong difference between them, that is cause for concern. Hot spots on the radiator would also be troubling. If so, contact Customer Support through the Link at the top of the page. In a 30C room, 37-38C idle coolant temp (H100i GTX Temp) is about as low as you can go, but if you think the load delta is has changed and in combination with hot zones, that is likely reason enough to proceed with the RMA.

Archived