The Official Corsair Carbide 540 AIR Owners and Builds Thread

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's really great seeing what others are doing/done to these 540 cases. I fell in love with it when I first came across it while viewing them at NewEgg.

I have some pics; but, keep in mind that this is a work in progress that probably won't be completed until about Christmas time.

Let's see if I can upload some pics of my rig. One of the main reasons it's not completed is that I'm changing out the front and sides to include/incorporate wood for part of the case. Eventually I will set up lighting when I get it closer to a more complete stage.

(How do I upload and post a pic in my post?)

Those fans look very nice. What are those? I see the corsairs are still in the front.

The two in front and two on the cooler are Corsair ML140 140mm PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan — Twin Pack, and on the rear i just used one of the AF140 PWM fans that was swapped from the H110i GTX.

I am controlling the fan speeds for the cooler with the link software (kept at 40% mostly)... and i'm using speedfan to control the front and rear, 40-50% front and 20-30% rear. ;):

Edited by nowcontrol

• 2 weeks later...

My system!

Specs:

i7 6700k, 4.4GHz @1.175V. Had it at 5GHz (http://valid.x86.fr/9hss7z)

Avexir Core White Series 2x8GB DDR4 @2666MHz

MSI GTX1070 Gaming X 8GB

Corsair Carbide 540 High Airflow

Super Flower Leadex 850W Platinum (sleeved cables are Silverstone PCIe and 24pin cable extensions basically, cheaper option than modular cables and are universal).

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Custom Liquid Loop

Couple of SSDs and HDDs.

I am used to have Corsair memory and Corsair PSU (more specifically: 4x4 Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3 1600MHz @2133MHz and CX750M). But since moving to Skylake, PSU started to show issues (caused CPU, GPU and PSU itself to coil whine). Decided to grab something else (SuperFlower was currently on promo). Why I got Avexir RAM? I couldn't quite afford Dominators from Corsair, so got alternative with white LEDs.

IMG_20161111_154107.thumb.jpg.ca4c384e86b648ccfe57ac272759ebeb.jpg

Edited by Technobeard
removed embedded image - too large

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[ATTACH]31234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31240[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31241[/ATTACH]

This is my first attempt at water cooling or at any type of mod on this case. Let me know what you think?

OMG ! That is gorgeous !

@Corsair, Please please please please please please make a standalone tempered glass side panel for sale for the Corsair 540 please please please with cherries on top !!!!!!

If I had the tools I could make my own as I know how this mod is done but I do not have access to the needed tools hence why you Corsair need to make one please please please with icing, Cherries and smiles on top :D:

Edited by Dicehunter

• 7 months later...

Hi all,not been on for a while thought i would show you my cheap and chearfull 540.

There is a lot of old stuff in the case as you will see and some new bits.

This is where i am at the mo as i am still waiting for a few bits

My old setup which was a while ago.

VNj77vYl.jpg

How it looks now.

LOeQh66l.jpg?1

Still waiting for some bits then i can finish it off.

More soon hopefully.

Thanks for looking :)

• 1 month later...

Here's my setup. Upgraded in February and updated again last week. :biggrin:

Added ML rgb fans and a Cable Mod vertical Pci-e bracket. Tight fit with the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980ti. Does not scrub the fan with less than 1mm gap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/gunabee/20180616_085335.jpg

Edited by tdk

• 3 months later...

Hi, Loving the posts, I just subed to the forum..

I was going to stand my 540 on its side, window up but i just saw those last 2 posts showing video cards

going the way I need it..

How is that done

thanks in advance, also i'll start to look for something like that, but how does the bracket mount, it seems to defy logic, lol

what a goof, that is my first avatar, i forgot all about it....

wAK, yup 2008 that was right about the time I was hitting the overclocking hard...

damn i'm sure this is all that is left. wow, it was a flaming bigfoot running and both nvidia and ati logo's

image.php?u=69018&dateline=1220016076&type=thumb

Edited by systemviper