Corsair Community

How to connect commander pro

mosesyyy

Hi there,

Trying to build my own pc for the first time, purchased 6x hd120 fans (2X 3packs with controller) and the commander pro.

My motherboard is gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 9. Case is Corsair 570X

I'm totally new to pc building and kinda lost atm, how do I connect these fans?

Do I really need to use the fan hub comes with the fans or I can just ignore it?

fans>controller>commander pro is that the correct order?

I know each fan comes with two individual cables, one is for power and one is for lightning control, how do I deal with it?

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes: I've been sitting here for like 2 hrs doing nothing

Well you could try reading the directions, :o:

but I will try to get you started. The hub that comes with the HD-RGB fans is for LED control. So the LED cable from each fan plugs into a port on the hub. Then the hub plugs into 1 of the 2 LED ports on the Commander Pro (CLCP). If you are using Link or SIV to control your LEDs, then you don't need the little 3-button manual control thing that comes plugged into the hub. The port it is plugged into is the port you need to connect to an LED port on the CLCP.

The fan PWM (power) wire from each fan plugs into a fan port on the CLCP. Both the CLCP and the LED hub require separate SATA power from your system supply. The fan motors get power from the CLCP while the fan LEDs get power from the hub. It is important to plug the fan LED cables into the hub in an order that makes sense based on their positions in your case since some of the LED effects traverse from one fan to another. If the LED hub port order gets messed up, it will still work but the multi-fan lighting effects will be disjointed.

With all those fan motors and LEDs, the amount of current required adds up so it is best to use separate SATA outputs from your system power supply rather than using power splitter cables and sharing power with hard drives, SSD drives, DVD drives etc. It's a lot of little wires running around so you should take your time and think about where to mount the CLCP and LED hub in your case so the wires will reach and you don't end up with a big jumbled mess of wires.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hello :)

If it is the 570X RGB you have, it has an LED hub already mounted, I guess it will be ok to take out the header that leads to the case controller and connect to the CLCP with an internal cabel instead if it is that case you have.

I plan an simular setup with my case, only I got an 460X and the SP120 fans :)

or is the SP and HD hub different? I know the SP remote does not work in HD and the other way, but I dont know about the hub

• 11 months later...
Well you could try reading the directions, :o:

but I will try to get you started. The hub that comes with the HD-RGB fans is for LED control. So the LED cable from each fan plugs into a port on the hub. Then the hub plugs into 1 of the 2 LED ports on the Commander Pro (CLCP). If you are using Link or SIV to control your LEDs, then you don't need the little 3-button manual control thing that comes plugged into the hub. The port it is plugged into is the port you need to connect to an LED port on the CLCP.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you! That saved me from a headache on my build too. I had pre-made lighting plans and diagrams to handle my setup (17 fans) but I just had made lines from each Lighting Hub into the CLCP figuring there'd be a "port for RGB out" where I'd connect the additional header. Turns out I just had to disconnect the little 3-button controller and ran the CLCP RGB cable from the Fan Hub to the Commander Pro. At least figuring that's right... haven't booted since I'm still building still.

I know each fan comes with two individual cables, one is for power and one is for lightning control, how do I deal with it?

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes: I've been sitting here for like 2 hrs doing nothing

Hi dude.. It's worth having a read of the below thread.. should give you some needed info and visual references :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived