Corsair Community

600T case and H100

jewie27

I read a review on the H100 on Newegg.com that says:

Pros: I have it OC'd to 4.2GHz. Keeps my i7 very cool.

idling at 33C

During gaming it stayed in the 50's.

Cons: It wont fit properly with the Corsair 600t case.

What does he mean it won't fit in the 600T case? Isn't the 600T made for a 240MM radiator? I'm planning on buying a H100, that kinda worries me.

Well from what i read, as long as you're not using it in a push/pull configuration (4 fans) it should fit into the area where the top exhaust fan is located.

I sure hope so atleast, i'm waiting for one to put in my 600T :P

I had to install the fans on the outside of the case (just under the removable top mesh) and the rad on the inside. fans are pushing air in. You might have an issue with cable length. the fan towards the rear (assuming you are using the stock fans) is shorter for about 5 cm worth of cable if you route it from the whole on the top front. I took the plastic casing of the 3 pin connector of and passed it through the previous 20cm fan screw hole. this is also subjective to your ram and motherboard. in my case both the vrm heat sinks and the ram are too high for an internal fan setup.

I will post some images so you can check it out.

thx for info kruwler - yes I imagine it would be a bit fiddly attaching the H100 120mm fans to various places on motherboard from the top of the 600t.

Is there space to put 2 extra fans ie push pull on the H100 (like I have on my H50)?

it vastly depends on your motherboard and ram. I cannot fit another set of fans for about 5mm on top of the ram and a bit more on the cpu top half.

the gap that is left between my ram and the fan mounting shroud is about 1.6 cm. unless you got a really thin fan, you wont be able to fit anything. thing is, the gap between the ram an the rad it self is about 26mm barely enough. here are some pics i took.

edit, sorry for the pic size :(

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Linos_2006/f81f0a5c.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Linos_2006/ad83dbae.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Linos_2006/afc21ad8.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Linos_2006/d7c2e2f7.jpg

I just wrote an extensive review on Newegg (put me in your damn commercial! Heh). Look for that shortly, once it is approved for posting by their admins.

In any case, I may be able to assist. The H100 does, indeed, have a 240mm radiator. However the ends of the radiator is a little longer than most, making the overall dimensions slightly over that of your standard 3rd party 240mm rad. I am assuming this is to contain extra liquid since it is an AIO unit or something.

Because of this, I found that I cannot mount a 3rd 120mm fan along with the H100 on the top of my 800D (where it was designed to fit a 360 radiator) because it puts the mounting holes off by a few mm. This would obviously cause problems in cases with tight clearances, even if they are designed to fit a standard 240mm radiator.

Then again, if you are talking about the depth of the radiator/fans... well, that's a different story.

Technically, the case WILL accept it... however your motherboard/RAM/etc. may not allow you to install the additional 2 fans due to depth constraints.

That being said, I do believe someone gave you the correct answer (which you responded to) in that thread you posted/linked.

"650D and 600T will both fit the h100. Neither will fit push/pull, though. "

BTW, no issues with installing the H100 in my 800D (duh?).

Yeah, I was kinda put off by the fact that RAMGuy said it would work, again without caveat. It's not that he's wrong, but it's obviously misleading. At least it was obvious to me. If someone just cold ordered off off that response, they would be sending equipment back. Again, this seems an obvious issue, no?

EDIT: And thanks for the 800D confirmation. That's push/pull right?

I see what you are saying. It is also misleading when Corsair says the "H100 will fit in any case that accepts 240mm radiators". The H100 is a little longer than a standard 240mm rad, meaning that if your case BARELY fits a 240mm radiator, the H100 probably wont fit without modification.

I do not have it installed with a push/pull configuration yet (WHY DO YOU ONLY INCLUDE MOUNTING SCREWS FOR 2 FANS CORSAIR?!?!?!), however there is AMPLE room for this in my case. Hell, I could probably fit 4 120x38mm fans in there and still clear the MB.

I see what you are saying. It is also misleading when Corsair says the "H100 will fit in any case that accepts 240mm radiators". The H100 is a little longer than a standard 240mm rad, meaning that if your case BARELY fits a 240mm radiator, the H100 probably wont fit without modification.

I do not have it installed with a push/pull configuration yet (WHY DO YOU ONLY INCLUDE MOUNTING SCREWS FOR 2 FANS CORSAIR?!?!?!), however there is AMPLE room for this in my case. Hell, I could probably fit 4 120x38mm fans in there and still clear the MB.

I'm glad to hear that. I was trying not to get an 800D sized case but I don't want any concerns at all with this next platform as I'm planning on it lasting a few builds. It's just going to look weird as hell in my office. =p

I don't really expect Corsair to line out the thousands of case compatibility for these coolers but it would be nice if they at least addressed their own cases. I really like all their stuff but just didn't want to be sending equipment back and forth.

Thanks again for the info, ordering my monster soon I guess. =)

If you dont want to spend the money, you can go with the HAF X, that will fit both push/pull.

You mount the fan to the rad in a push, and mount the rad to the top of the case. To add pull fans, it will be mount on top of the case, under the to top part of the lid.

I'm just waiting for stock to come in, but NCIX has a huge pre-order list. Once that happens, I will show picks.

If you dont want to spend the money, you can go with the HAF X, that will fit both push/pull.

You mount the fan to the rad in a push, and mount the rad to the top of the case. To add pull fans, it will be mount on top of the case, under the to top part of the lid.

I'm just waiting for stock to come in, but NCIX has a huge pre-order list. Once that happens, I will show picks.

If this is going in your office at work, I suggest not getting a HAF-X. Of course you may not care if your case looks like it was designed by a 16 year old who just got out of the latest Transformers movie failure (don't get offended if you have one, its just IMO). If not, then by all means get one. They have a lot of room, good cable management, and some of the best airflow on the market.

Yeah, that's why I didn't want to have to go with a huge case like the 800D too but between the two, the basic lines of the 800 are easier to hide than something like the HAFs. I don't begrudge anyone their case choices but that style just doesn't work where I'm putting this particular PC.

Yeah, but again I had the problem of not having enough of the H100s out in the wild to be sure a case would fit it well.

Did you see the edit I made? I linked you to a specific case that would fit the H100 for sure.

jewie: So far I have only used the stock fans and they are more than sufficient. That isnt to say that i WONT be replacing them and/or going push-pull.

Did you see the edit I made? I linked you to a specific case that would fit the H100 for sure.

jewie: So far I have only used the stock fans and they are more than sufficient. That isnt to say that i WONT be replacing them and/or going push-pull.

I did now, thanks man. I actually like this one quite a bit.

I did now, thanks man. I actually like this one quite a bit.

Yea, basically anything which can accept a 360 radiator is a slam dunk for the H100. IIRC that Lian Li case actually has 2 potential mounting points for the H100 since it has a 3x120mm fan setup on the side, as well as a 2x120mm fan setup on top of the case.

thats good news, i'll probably start with the stock configuration. I'm planning a 1ghz overclock nothing more that that really.

If AMD would hurry their butts and release the Bulldozers, I could have a new computer built by now. They are holding me up!

LOL @ Faildozer. J/K.

Tell me about it though. I've been wanting to ditch my i7 930 for an Ivy Bridge for a year now, and they arent looking to release it until sometime in 2012. Looks like I may be getting a hex-core 970 to tide me over until then. At least I know the H100 will fit socket 2011 boards.

LOL @ Faildozer. J/K.

Tell me about it though. I've been wanting to ditch my i7 930 for an Ivy Bridge for a year now, and they arent looking to release it until sometime in 2012. Looks like I may be getting a hex-core 970 to tide me over until then. At least I know the H100 will fit socket 2011 boards.

I really wanted a socket 2011 cpu/ Sandy Bridge -E or Ivy Bridge but after I heard about the prices I decided not too. Intel is ridiculous with their $1000 cpus... I'd rather have 8 cores for $320.

You have to remember that the cheapest top-tier Intel CPUs match or beat the performance of the most expensive top-tier AMD CPUs. Example, my i7 930 will out-bench a 1090T, in a mhz to mhz comparison. You dont need one of the Extreme edition $1000 Intel CPUs to match or beat the best AMD offerings.

Of course AMD still wins in the performance per dollar standpoint.

Archived