Corsair Community

Corsair have really dropped the ball

PeggedPigeon01

Firstly, There was no "ACTUAL" forum area for my post, so this seemed to be the best area. If this needs moving, then by all means.

Secondly, I intend nothing abusive to anyone or to Corsair by this post.

As the title suggests, I believe that Corsair have dropped the ball with the Crystal 570 X case. For over $230 AUD in all honesty I really did expect much better & was bitterly dissapointed with this case over all. Ohh for the benefit of hindsight. If I had of known what I know now after building the case before I purchased the case I most definately would have avoided this case. I am dissapointed with this case overall.

Corsair really did not do thier homework & look towards the future when they brought this out.

This is what I only found out after pouring out over $230 AUD

Surely Corsair would have, or should have forseen some simple things.

1: people would want to upgrade their fans from the stock fans to the higher end fans. So, why in god's name include the factory mounted RGB Fan Controller unit for, when it becomes useless once the fans are updated?

2: Surely Corsair should have known people would like to use multiple fans & needed RGB Fan Hubs. So, the RGB hubs that only supports 6 fans? I am running 9 fans in my build, & I have seen others on here running 10 fans.

Surely Corsair could do something to fix this problem?

Other issues I found where:

1: The 3 cable chaneling cut outs with the rubber grommets were "NOT" in the best &/or easiest to use places. For the ATX power & GPU power cables

2: I have seen this same issue on many other builds where the cable management was not ideal due to the locations of the cut outs.

Another mistake I did find In the Corsair Link Dashboard area where you can select the image of your case, am I the only person who has noticed a huge error here? If you set the image to Crystal 570x it is the wrong image. The images of the crystal 470 & 570 are around the wrong way.

Well, that is my 2 cents worth & the end of my rant.

Take it easy

CHEERS

Firstly, There was no "ACTUAL" forum area for my post, so this seemed to be the best area. If this needs moving, then by all means.

Secondly, I intend nothing abusive to anyone or to Corsair by this post.

As the title suggests, I believe that Corsair have dropped the ball with the Crystal 570 X case. For over $230 AUD in all honesty I really did expect much better & was bitterly dissapointed with this case over all. Ohh for the benefit of hindsight. If I had of known what I know now after building the case before I purchased the case I most definately would have avoided this case. I am dissapointed with this case overall.

Corsair really did not do thier homework & look towards the future when they brought this out.

This is what I only found out after pouring out over $230 AUD

Surely Corsair would have, or should have forseen some simple things.

1: people would want to upgrade their fans from the stock fans to the higher end fans. So, why in god's name include the factory mounted RGB Fan Controller unit for, when it becomes useless once the fans are updated?

2: Surely Corsair should have known people would like to use multiple fans & needed RGB Fan Hubs. So, the RGB hubs that only supports 6 fans? I am running 9 fans in my build, & I have seen others on here running 10 fans.

Surely Corsair could do something to fix this problem?

Other issues I found where:

1: The 3 cable chaneling cut outs with the rubber grommets were "NOT" in the best &/or easiest to use places. For the ATX power & GPU power cables

2: I have seen this same issue on many other builds where the cable management was not ideal due to the locations of the cut outs.

Another mistake I did find In the Corsair Link Dashboard area where you can select the image of your case, am I the only person who has noticed a huge error here? If you set the image to Crystal 570x it is the wrong image. The images of the crystal 470 & 570 are around the wrong way.

Well, that is my 2 cents worth & the end of my rant.

Take it easy

CHEERS

I think you picked the proper forum to discuss this.

1a) The RGB SP-120s in the 570x are much better than any stock fans included in most cases that I have seen. This is in both terms of performance and aesthetics. The RGB Fan hub can be used with HD-120 fans, ML-120 RGB, and LL-120 fans as well. The case official supports 6 fans, unless you do push pull.

2a) If you buy the 3 packs of Corsair fans, they all come with a RGB hub, so in theory you should have a surplus of RGB fans, unless you bought single fans.

1b) The location of the 24pin ATX connector vary from motherboard to motherboard. Also the GPUs vary in length so that will effect the placement of where 8/6pin headers will be located in relation to the slots.

2b) Again this varies based on GPU and motherboards. I don't have have a corsair case and I agree it is annoying with the MB and GPU do not line up, though that is not the fault of the case manufactures. They can only put so many holes in a case, before people get annoyed or compromise the structural integrity of thr case

If there is an issue with the images, then I bet someone else will reply. I never used Link, but I do use iCUE and love it, which will replace Link all together.

• Corsair Employee

Hello PeggedPdigeon01,

As solarity mentioned, the included RGB hub is compatible with all of our RGB series fans, however the caveat is that only one series can be connected at a time to a single RGB hub. The included SP controller will only work for SP fans. HD series being the other that can be also controlled manually. ML and LL both require software control via Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

Most everything else solarity mentioned was also great advice. If you have any other questions or concerns please create a ticket through support.corsair.com so that we can document your feedback and pass it along. We appreciate it!

@solarity Appreciate the comparison, but please refrain from mentioning competitor products whether it be negative or positive. It is part of the forum rules! :)

Hello PeggedPdigeon01,

As solarity mentioned, the included RGB hub is compatible with all of our RGB series fans, however the caveat is that only one series can be connected at a time to a single RGB hub. The included SP controller will only work for SP fans. HD series being the other that can be also controlled manually. ML and LL both require software control via Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

Most everything else solarity mentioned was also great advice. If you have any other questions or concerns please create a ticket through support.corsair.com so that we can document your feedback and pass it along. We appreciate it!

@solarity Appreciate the comparison, but please refrain from mentioning competitor products whether it be negative or positive. It is part of the forum rules! :)

sorry, redacted the last part

the included RGB hub is compatible with all of our RGB series fans, however the caveat is that only one series can be connected at a time to a single RGB hub. The included SP controller will only work for SP fans. HD series being the other that can be also controlled manually. ML and LL both require software control via Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

Spot on!

lots more info on this below

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

1) Old and timeless question - Add higher end initial equipment to the product pushing up the sales price and likely decreasing sales numbers vs lower cost OEM gear vs stripped bare. There is no winner in this debate any you can find proponents for all sides. I think the time has come to make the bare bones chassis what you get and all fans are your responsibility, but the simple fact is not everyone wants to get this involved with their gear.

2) Why not a 16 or 32 port fan hub? The obvious answer is current and the 6 port model is getting up toward the higher end of what the SATA cable can provide on that voltage line with a safe margin to spare. Aside from that, clearly the larger the number of ports, the more difficult it becomes to stash away. 6 is not a random number and it should cover the majority of case configurations. At 9, you are the outlier and should not expect the world to be perfectly tailored for your choice.

I am not sure either one of those fall into the catastrophic engineering failure category and both are easily resolvable. A serious problem is one that cannot be fixed, at least without a Dremel.

I'm very sorry for the late replies. So my appologies to all

1a) The RGB SP-120s in the 570x are much better than any stock fans included in most cases that I have seen. This is in both terms of performance and aesthetics. The RGB Fan hub can be used with HD-120 fans, ML-120 RGB, and LL-120 fans as well. The case official supports 6 fans, unless you do push pull.

2a) If you buy the 3 packs of Corsair fans, they all come with a RGB hub, so in theory you should have a surplus of RGB fans, unless you bought single fans.

1b) The location of the 24pin ATX connector vary from motherboard to motherboard. Also the GPUs vary in length so that will effect the placement of where 8/6pin headers will be located in relation to the slots.

2b) Again this varies based on GPU and motherboards. I don't have have a corsair case and I agree it is annoying with the MB and GPU do not line up, though that is not the fault of the case manufactures. They can only put so many holes in a case, before people get annoyed or compromise the structural integrity of thr case

If there is an issue with the images, then I bet someone else will reply. I never used Link, but I do use iCUE and love it, which will replace Link all together.

@ solarity

I appreciate your reply man, quite a bit of good info here.

I think it may be also... :) Well, it is still here & has not been moved / deleted So I think I may be safe here lol

I am referring to the factory mounted Controller unit mounted into the top of the 570x case next to the power switch, that controls the 3 settings of Speed, Color, Mode. From reading through forum posts, I found that this unit becomes defunct, once you upgrade your fans.

I have 1 RGB hub running 6 LL 120mm fans for the AIO radiator, drawing in air from outside, & blowing out through the case. (maybe I should change this, to pulling air from inside the case & blowing out through the front of the case. A lot of mixed results I have found)

The other RGB Hub is running 2 LL 140mm on top as exhaust

Mate, to be honest, I have RGB hubs comming out my ***. So yep, you could say I have a surplus.

I do get what your saying here

Again, I do get what your saying here. Tho on my board, with the layout of the 3 cut outs, it does throw the ATX cable, the GPU cable & all the onboard Sata cables out & into unwanted, awfull angles.

I guess we can only do what we can, with what we've got

CHEERS

A beer says they will allow for ML/LL/HD fans to be used on the RGB Hub at some point in the future. It is technically possible as they all use the same ws2812 LEDs. The SP-120 can't mix with the others as it uses a different IC that communicates differently

thanks for your reply..

I had been wondering the same sort of thing.

Maybe something for Corsair to think about.

I'm very sorry for the late replies. So my appologies to all

@ solarity

I appreciate your reply man, quite a bit of good info here.

I think it may be also... :) Well, it is still here & has not been moved / deleted So I think I may be safe here lol

I am referring to the factory mounted Controller unit mounted into the top of the 570x case next to the power switch, that controls the 3 settings of Speed, Color, Mode. From reading through forum posts, I found that this unit becomes defunct, once you upgrade your fans.

I have 1 RGB hub running 6 LL 120mm fans for the AIO radiator, drawing in air from outside, & blowing out through the case. (maybe I should change this, to pulling air from inside the case & blowing out through the front of the case. A lot of mixed results I have found)

The other RGB Hub is running 2 LL 140mm on top as exhaust

Mate, to be honest, I have RGB hubs comming out my ***. So yep, you could say I have a surplus.

I do get what your saying here

Again, I do get what your saying here. Tho on my board, with the layout of the 3 cut outs, it does throw the ATX cable, the GPU cable & all the onboard Sata cables out & into unwanted, awfull angles.

I guess we can only do what we can, with what we've got

CHEERS

They are open to critique and constructive criticism and they respond very well. It isn't a small company and every company large and small has cracks that can allow things can fall through. I have been very impressed by the Corsair's response to people that have had issues on this forum and on reddit. I consider myself to be a very callous person, only expect the worst from most companies, and have set the bar really low for customer support. This helps me become less bias. The problem is when a company like Corsair makes quality products, provides good community support, and great software to accompany it; it becomes harder to not be bias. I find myself recommending their products a lot in different forums and reddits. It honestly feels like I am comparing an iphone (Corsair) to an old flip phone (most other companies). When I have good experiences and see others responding to good treatment, it is hard not to be a raving fan. This is something that every Motherboard manufacture in Taiwan could learn from Corsair!

My HD-120 came with a similar controller as your SP-120 came with. Both fans are older than the LL/ML-120/140 fans. The newer fans are coming with the LNP and no manual controller. The 1000D, just released, comes with a Commander Pro; granted the case is $500. I think the SP/HD fans are going to be phased out or will have packaged with the LNP at some point. I think it would be a good idea for Corsair as once people realize how good iCue is, I think many people will go to Corsair's ecosystem.

I just bought someone's unused "surplus" LNP + RGB Hub off ebay for $22 USD. I don't really need the RGB Hub, just wanted the LNP. I plan to do some external lighting mods with it.

With regards to cable cut outs. When and If Motherboard Manufactures standardized the location of the ATX 24 power and if GPU Power will be in the same spot, I think the case manufactures will adapt. The Motherboard Manufactures always lead the way and the case manufactures follow the trends. USB 3.0 headers came on motherboard first, then a couple years later you see connectors on cases. Right now we are seeing the trend moving to 3.1 Type-C connectors on cases, even though most entry level boards don't have USB 3.1 Type-C. I wouldn't be surprised if we see new standards in MB, such as rear PCIe slots for ribbon cables for vert mounted GPUs and maybe rear PCIe power headers in the rear to pass power to GPUs from the bottom.

Personally I am wanting to see a dual 360mm rad capable Mid tower from Corsair. I see a lot of juicy offerings from some other companies, though none from Corsair at this point. I would love to see something from them. ;-)

thanks for your reply..

I had been wondering the same sort of thing.

Maybe something for Corsair to think about.

I think they will get to this in time. iCue is only in early release. There is no technical reason they can't do this, with the exception of the SP-120.

Archived