Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro setup, with diagram

SEXCHANGE

Hello, I am thinking about making a computer based around Corsair's commander pro and other things to have a fully compatible gaming PC. I recently made a diagram (link below) to try and understand what I need to build.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I DID ANYTHING WRONG AT ALL!!! This is the most confusing part of a computer to me, thank you so much if you can help (:

DIAGRAM IS IN ATTACHED FILES

OR:

LINK TO DIAGRAM ON TINYPIC:

http://i64.tinypic.com/28a2ryt.jpg

svE3BUEhHLh7KHnqIfsVnxg.thumb.png.dc9935c9e1672d42d5387534828b18b4.png

All looks good! The only thing to mention is that you'll need fans all of the same type. Your diagram looks like all SP-RGB fans (which is fine) ... you can't mix and match different fan types on the same fan hub.

A Few more questios, do I need to plug the H150i pro into the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the PSU? I am not quite sure what the CPU fan header does.

Also do I need a lighting node pro for Corsair's light strips? And then I just use the included cord to connect the Lighting Node Pro to the 1 available LED port on the Commander pro?

I plan on buying the Corsair Crystal 570x series case. I have heard it comes with an included LED RGB fan hub for the 3 SP120 fans. Will that fan hub work on any other Corsair fans such as the LL120's and LL140's, or do I need do buy a better one?

Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it. (:

The H150 has a SATA power connection. The motherboard connection reports the pump speed to the fan header. This prevents a CPU Fan warning and also serves as a tripwire if the pump dies.

The strips can connect to the open LED channel on the Commander Pro. You don't need a separate NoPro for this. The LED channels on the CoPro provide the same functionality as the LED channels on the NoPro.

The fan hub in the Crystal 570x will work with any Corsair fan but they should all be the same type of fan. You cannot mix SP fans with other kinds of fans at all.

• 1 month later...
I am building almost the exact same setup, only in the 460X case and I am using the H100i v2 cooler. It looks like he is putting the radiator with the PMW fans on the back of the sp 120 RGB fans in the front of the case as a push-pull. I know you are not supposed to mix fans on the same hub, but is it ok to do so if two of them are controlled by the cooler? I have an AIO header on my motherboard and may hook the cooler up to that instead of the commander, but if I can control the pwm fans on the cooler and the 6 sp case fans (2 used as the push intake on the radiator) with the commander I would like to do that. Thoughts?

The fans on the H100i v2 will just be the stock pmw sp fans, not RGB. I was happy to see the diagram that the OP posted. What do you think about this: Power the stock H100i v2 cooler fans from the aio cpu fan header and the 6 other fans sp100 RGB Fans (including the 2 in front of the radiator as the push in front of the case) all from the Cammander Pro? Under this scenario I would have fan power from the motherboard, but the USB would be plugged into the USB on the commander pro instead of the second USB on the motherboard. I would like to control all 4 fans around the radiator if possible and I see some people have used a Commander Pro to do so. I have everything but the commander pro ready to begin this build, but I need to solve this dilemma before I start. It has been 25 years since I built a system myself and am a bit nervous about everything working together.

Archived