Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000 -- Partial Sync Issue

Decidence

I purchased this RAM in early August, and ever since being out of box it has had an issue I never really noticed until I started using color shifts and rainbow mode for demonstration.

It seems like 40% of the LED bar changes at a difference pace and to a different color than the rest of the bar. This isn't just a different shade of the appropriate color but a completely different color.

I have a crappy screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/zJOvK

As you can see, the bar should be yellow but it is green on the bottom.

Even when I switch to static mode and choose yellow (R: 255, G: 255, B: 0), the bottom part will go green instead.

This is just one example but it has trouble with other colors as well.

• Corsair Employee
I purchased this RAM in early August, and ever since being out of box it has had an issue I never really noticed until I started using color shifts and rainbow mode for demonstration.

It seems like 40% of the LED bar changes at a difference pace and to a different color than the rest of the bar. This isn't just a different shade of the appropriate color but a completely different color.

I have a crappy screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/zJOvK

As you can see, the bar should be yellow but it is green on the bottom.

Even when I switch to static mode and choose yellow (R: 255, G: 255, B: 0), the bottom part will go green instead.

This is just one example but it has trouble with other colors as well.

Looks like the LEDs on that module might be faulty. See if you can get a new kit through the retailer you bought it from our contact our support team at support.corsair.com for an RMA.

Looks like the LEDs on that module might be faulty. See if you can get a new kit through the retailer you bought it from our contact our support team at support.corsair.com for an RMA.

Thanks for the reply, I purchased them through Amazon with a purchase date of July 27th, but there is no longer an option to return them so I assume the window of opportunity has passed there.

For the RMA process would I need to return the whole package or just the 1 faulty stick? Also, is there a process like EVGA has where you can pay up front for replacement and have it sent out to me with a pre-paid return postage for the RMA'd product then once received I get a refund on the replacement (deposit)?

Archived