Corsair Community

Cx750m cabling question?

Bioangel

So I was looking at my video card today, and noticed it needed two 8pin power cables or 2 x 6pcie+2.

With the power supply comes an cable that provides 8pin to 2 x 6pciE + 2 Daisy chained.

Is my assumption correct that this one cable can provide power to the gfx card ? Ie they up the wire gauge too allow for that much power?

Another example.

is it just like Daisy chaining Hdd power cabels? Jumping power from one Hdd to the next?

Above all else what is the worst that can happen from trying?

I have had a CX750M for awhile now.. I run an Intel I7 6700K (with a huge Noctua NH-D15 cooler), a few extra 120MM case fans, GTX 1080 video card, 32GB memory, SSD, multiple hard drives both internal and external, at times some joysticks or USB drives, and I have no issues what so ever. My system has never had an issue. 100% stable. I'm using whatever cables came with the power supply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have theHydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler with corsair link connected.

I want to replace my p/s with the HX1200i and I m wondering how can worked together the corsair links because my motherboard has one USB2 slot to connect the 2 usb cables...

Thanx

George

Archived