Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair Link detecting H100i.

Zomgtuberun

Hello, I have a Corsair H100i cooler placed on my cpu (of course). My current and rather frustrating problem is the following:

I cannot seem to get the Corsair Link 2.2 to detect my Corsair H100i.

First of all, I would like to say that yes, it is placed and fully functioning:

1. The fans both are spinning, but on low rpm because I cannot control them.
  2. The pump's LED is working, plus I can feel the liquid running through the pipes
  3. The Corsair Link USB Adapter is adequately plugged into the pump AND into a USB header on my Motherboard.
  4. Ran some torture tests, under 100% load my cpu stays at around 48C

I think that the test temps show that the pump is working, however I cannot manually control it, nor the fans.

Here are some of the actions I've taken trying to fix this, and their results:

• First I verified if the Link cable was adequately connected to a USB header, it is. I unplugged AND replugged it, then reinstalled the Corsair Link software entirely. Still doesn't work.
  • Then, I downloaded the firmware update file for the Corsair Commander. Upon trying to update the firmware, I received this error: "Failure: Corsair Commander failed to restart". I must admit, I have no idea if I have to update the H100i or the Corsair Commander. WAIT FOR IT:
  • I then downloaded the 1.0.7 firmware update for the H100i and tried to update it, I received this error message: "H80/H100i not installed!". However, it IS installed since it's running and the pump is working!
  • Browsed for hours trying to find people with the same problem as I have, cannot seem to find any working solution.

I KNOW that the solution here is probably very simple and I'm just retarded for not finding it, however it's a growing pain in the neck as I am really looking forward to overclocking my cpu, but cannot do so with my pump and fans stuck on "low" settings.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at home right now, would just like to say that the ONLY fan that shows up in the Dashboard is my GPU's fan. My case fans and the H100i fans are not detected at all.

Recently contacted the seller, they think that the corsair H100i is not compatible with my motherboard because it is too recent.

My motherboard is

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128593

If you would like I could take a pic of the Dashboard with my gpu fan highlighted...?

I am having the same problem, my motherboard is M5A78L-m lx / br, be incompatible?

Have tested change the usb cable, and install in external usb motherboard without success.

But my corsair works one week and not next week, I'm Brazilian, sorry English

I am having a similar issue.

Corsair Link does not detect my H100i or any of the fans (besides the GPU fan).

The fans are running, I just can't see them in Corsair Link.

I thought I might need to upgrade the firmware (to 1.07), but when I attempted this I got an Error Message:

"Status: ERROR Loading Firmware File"

I verified that the relevant Device Manager drivers are installed, and am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest it is not detecting the H100i, do you have the USB 3.0 Driver installed for the MB? some of the MB's using AMD and some Newer Intel Chipsets will not allow the internal USB 2.0 Ports to work properly till all of the USB 3.0 Drivers are installed. And I would try moving it to another internal port and see if it detects

First off, thank you very much for your attention RAM GUY.

Second, yes, I have installed the latest USB 3.0 drivers.

Everything is wired adequately, my corsair H100i doesn't even show up in the Device Manager. My real question is, is the latest Corsair Link version compatible with recent motherboards such as the GA-Z87X-UD5H. I know some memory modules aren't compatible with it somehow, I managed to make mine work.

I've also looked at some reviews of the motherboard on newegg, some folks are having problems with the PWM fan option; could that be an issue for making the H100i work with Corsair Link?

And no, Toasted, I have not tried this type of cable, I really don't have other cables than the ones that were included with the H100i kit. Besides, I think that IF such a cable were to work more than the one that came with it, it should be included as well as replacement or whatnot.

I brought my computer to the people that assembled it to see if they would find a solution, gave them approximately the same information I wrote on this post, I will let everyone know if they find a viable solution.

If not, and that's a big if because I trust Corsair's hardware, this will be a RMA for me, and to be replaced by Cooler Master Eisberg L240 Prestige... But I hope it doesn't come to that point.

• Corsair Employee
What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8? and when you installed our software did you right click on the file and run as administrator? And did you have a chance to test it on another system?

Same situation with me, 100i is not showing up in the Corsair link software.

Verified everything are plugged in, the fans does spin up and down accordingly to the cpu temperature (is that a good sign? maybe). I didn't get a chance to monitor the pump RPM yet though.

My motherboard is Asus P8Z68-V Pro and running on Window 7 Pro 64bit W/SP1

What version of Windows are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8? and when you installed our software did you right click on the file and run as administrator? And did you have a chance to test it on another system?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Everytime I start Corsair Link, it's as an administrator.

UPDATE: I KIND OF fixed the problem my plugging the corsair link USB thing in another one of my motherboard's USB header, sacrificing 2 usb plugs on the front of my case. However, I am getting a new problem. I can now adequately change the LED color and monitor my H100i fans, but some other thing popped up.

Every now and then, my H100i fans start to spin at 100% capacity for no reason for like 2-3 seconds, and then I hear an usb device being unplugged. After that, both of the H100i fans and the pump are stuck at a speed and their speed does not change.

I am using the corsair link version 2.3.4816 and the H100i firmware 1.0.7.

Please help?

Hello. Have the same story here.

Installed today, same behaviour, pump working, fans spinning, LED on, but no show in Corsair Link...

Also my mini ItX Asus Z87I-PRO motherboard have only one USB 2 connection on board (10-1 pin USB910)... Latest USB3 drivers installed, Windows 8.1

Purchased a H100i Last week.. Installed correctly... Im having the same issue with the Link software detection. If I physically change the Usb header the pump unit is plugged in to it detects the h100i and i can control the fans etc. but every time i restart the system is fails to detect. so i have to keep changing the usb header back and forth between two header to get it to detect every time i restart. unplugging and re plugging to the same header dosent work either. it has to be a different usb header for it to work.

This has been very frustrating and have purchased a PWM Y splitter cable so i can get rid of all the Corsair Link crap and let to motherboard CPU fan header control the fans.

Also was wondering if the H100i unit controls the fan speeds according the CPU temp with out corsair link? (with out any control settings form link v2 just like the motherboard would.. so i can keep the fans plugged to the pump and ditch the usb connection).

Basically I am a fan of Corsair products.. but the failure of the H100i (SO MANY Units) and the garbage software integration and unbelievable lack of support is extremely disappointing. (when can we expect an official fix for this so the unit can run the way it is supposed to)

Quick reply will be much appreciated..

• Corsair Employee

Zomgtuberun,

Good news and that symptom where the fans rev up especially at start up is normal it is a self test so no worries there.

Zheka

I am sorry but Windows 8.1 is not supported at this time only Windows 7 and Windows 8.0. But if you search on the forum there are a few users who have been able to get it working.

kingarthal

I am not clear on why you think this way, we sell more than 120K of these coolers a week so while there are a lot of people who have questions or issues, the number is small in comparison to what we are selling. But just complaining with out providing any information is not going to get this working for you. Look I am sorry that you have an issue but we really need some more details to know what might be the cause.

What O.S. are you using and if its not listed in your profile the Make and model of MB you have would be helpful as well. And Corsair Link will not show up in Device manager only the generic USB hub it uses to connect.

And please if you can go to our Links software under Options and About and tell me the version you have installed then please post a screen shot of the device tab with any corsair device expended and post a screen shot

I thought I might need to upgrade the firmware (to 1.07), but when I attempted this I got an Error Message:

I verified that the relevant Device Manager drivers are installed, and am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

RMA???

RMA???

try hooking to another usb,you may also see if theres a usb confliction by removing any connecting usb devices and trying it,...

• Corsair Employee

That error would suggest the software is not detecting the USB connection.

And do not update the firmware unless you you have an issue when connected to Corsairs Link and Lighting Kit.

When you installed the software did you right click on the Install file and run it as an administrator?

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting a final update about my situation. I fixed the problem by a very stupid way, and as I thought it was only my fault for being lazy

Here was my first intuition which revealed itself to be true: It was a driver (or a hardware) compatibility issue

My opinion is that the corsair link software didn't detect my motherboard because it was too recent.

When I installed Ma-Config, it suggested a few USB drivers which I did download and install. The problem persisted.

I installed a program which was recommended by Gigabyte, to go with my motherboard. This particular program recommended even more drivers DIRECTLY from the Gigabyte website, which included some USB drivers. I installed about 2 hours of those drivers, and it seems to have fixed the problem, the corsair link software can detect some of my hardware, (which I don't really care besides the H100i itself).

I felt obligated to post and thank the Corsair online support staff for their suggestions.

Archived