Corsair Community

Cherry Red Silent

DehvidH

I have been building computers for years. Corsair really dropped the ball on their peripherals... I have had no complaints from customers who chose their power supplies or RAM.

I bought my girlfriend the Strafe RGB Cherry MX... and from the beginning it had some minor chatter... which progressively got worse... I did all the trouble shooting with corsair.. and instead of it helping any... it put the keyboard into a permanent demo mode.. I was then given the option... A) pay the price of the keyboard on my Credit card to get one shipped out.. (1st of all I do not want to pay interest twice on the same keyboard.. and I heard people saying in multiple places how it took them 2 replacements to finally get things sorted out.) MY second option was to MAIL the keyboard to Corsair which I thought was basically me paying a hefty shipping fee for a keyboard with a known issue as RARE as they state it to be a quick google search will put that response to rest. Not to mention the keyboard went from over $200 to $110 in a local store near me... So all said and done... I decided not to waste more money on a keyboard that depreciated so quickly from poor manufacturing... not to get me started on the hassel I had trying to get iCUE off my system and have a Christmas ornament or a demo model Keyboard hanging from my tree. Sadly I had to steer all the people away from using Corsair's peripherals... BUT I still recommended their power supplies and Ram to them. I hope corsair. Will realize that if a product is defective on a fairly large scale... not to make the customer PAY for the mistake.

Regards...

David

I got mine at $100 from Amazon (Mk 2). There's no way I would have spent $200 on it. So far, so good.

I don't know what your terms are with your credit-card company, but typically, if a bill is paid in full by the due date, or there is a charge and then a corresponding credit in the same billing period, you don't pay any interest. This is a good way to get a replacement while still having use of what you'll eventually ship back, at no cost to you. Or you could pay the bill if the due date looms, and then get it credited back shortly after. Either way, no interest, and ultimately no cost.

I got mine at $100 from Amazon (Mk 2). There's no way I would have spent $200 on it. So far, so good.

I don't know what your terms are with your credit-card company, but typically, if a bill is paid in full by the due date, or there is a charge and then a corresponding credit in the same billing period, you don't pay any interest. This is a good way to get a replacement while still having use of what you'll eventually ship back, at no cost to you. Or you could pay the bill if the due date looms, and then get it credited back shortly after. Either way, no interest, and ultimately no cost.

My Options were... pay for the keyboard to have one shipped out immediately. And then they check the original one for faults... OR ship my original one out to them for testing then they would send me a replacement.. either way I don't see how there was avoiding further cost to me... IF they had offered NO cost.. and sent me a shipping label.. I would have gladly sent it back in.

Archived