Corsair Community

No Post on Corsair VS512MBECC266R module -- Compatibility or Warranty?

amdmike99

Corsair - Ram Guy, I have a Tyan Thunder 7 (model S2462 dual AMD Athlon MP using AMD 760 chiptset ) motherboard and ordered a PC2100 Registered ECC 512MB module. The retailer said that they would send a Corsair memory module that works with dual AMD Athlon MP motherboards and is registered and ECC. They sent me a Corsair memory module with a sticker on the module that is labelled " VS512MBECC266R " but when I put it my dual AMD Athlon MP motherboard (Tyan Thunder 7) it does not post and just beeps, removed the other memory so that I would just be testing the Corsair module alone--my other memory runs just fine before and after trying this Corsair module that fails. Is there something wrong with the Corsair memory module or is the retailer incorrect and that this Corsair memory module is not compatible with any dual AMD Athlon MP motherboard? Thanks

Thanks RAM Guy! I could not find any information on the [url]www.corsairmemory.com[/url] website for Reg ECC PC2700 memory modules. The retailer has told me that they have the following in stock: Corsair CM72SD512RLP-2700/S with Samsung chips of K4H560838D-TCB3 and CM74SD1024RLP-2700/S with Samsung chips of K4H560438D-TCBC. (These are listed as "recommended" memory modules for the Tyan Thunder K8S (new AMD Dual Opteron 64 bit processor). [url]http://www.tyan.com/support/html/memory_s2880.html[/url]) but as expected not listed for my older Tyan Thunder 7 (s2462 AMD Athlon MP with AMD 760MP chipset). Do you think if I exchanged the other PC2100 Corsair module that is not compatible for the Corsair Reg ECC PC2700 (listed above) it would work? Also, if it might work would it work if I mixed compatible Corsair Reg ECC PC2100 modules with a Corsair Reg ECC PC2700? (I know in the old days you could mix Reg ECC PC100 and Reg ECC PC133, even if not recommended, in a server mboard.) Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Well this (CM74SD1024RLP-2100) modules Spec would be compatible but it has not been tested in this MB and the Tyan MPX chipset MB is picky with memory. But it's worth a try as it would leave you some upgrade path with Opteron if that the plan. Ram Guy

• 2 months later...

Archived