Corsair Community

Corsair Link Detects a device numerous times (CL 3.1.5570)

nOm nom NOM3

Corsair link detects the devices in my system multiple times. it seems after every reboot it detects them again as a "new" device. and then leaves the old sensors there displaying zeros. I have custom fan curves that are useless. because after a reboot or two the fans that have the curves are no longer displaying a value, and so I have fans down at the bottom of link in the system tab. this has been going on for a long time, but I cant recall if it was an issue with my H100i. Currently I am using an H110i GT Version 1.1.8

My systems hardware has stayed the same for a while. I changed processors from an FX 8120 to an FX 8370 the same day I got my H110iGT. I completely removed corsair link and the USB drivers before downloading the newest version and installing it again. the only other hardware change was taking 8GB of memory out of my system.

--

http://i.imgur.com/Tm7qcTe.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/tUhCqJi.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/BJVdnmB.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/gfBbxkB.png

--

This is what my fans with a custom curve look like. I can see them, but link seems to have decided that it is no longer going to "care" about this fan and go ahead and make a new sensor for it.

--

http://i.imgur.com/fMX6uXv.png

I apologize for the wall of images. I am just unsure of how to describe my situation without them. if any more information is required I will give it as soon as I can.

Thank you

Corsair link detects the devices in my system multiple times.

This is a common issue. It is also mentioned in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141043 and several other threads. On my system CL currently reports 12 x GTX 980 when I only have 4. One day Corsair may fix this.

If you use CL there is no way I know of to stop this happening, my solution was to stop using CL and develop my own software.

Thanks, I didn't realize this was a common issue. Perhaps I should have gone through a few pages of threads first.

Guess maybe I should just use the headers on mainboard to control my fans then.

That would work if you don't have many fans, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=785547. Some use my SIV utility, have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

You ONLY have 4 GTX 980s? You poor thing. How on earth do you manage? There's me with a GTX 770 dreaming of owning ONE 970 or 980, when I do a rebuild, later this year.

I recall a SIV user with two systems each of which had 4 x GTX 690, a total of 16 GPUs! It's a shame I can't get a http://forums.evga.com/GIGABYTE-Previews-Z79AUD13-Motherboard-with-8way-SLICrossFire-FOLD-The-Lights-OuT-m939449.aspx :bigeyes::laughing:

The software itself is actually being rearchitected.

Please will you confirm that Global\Access_CorsairLink will be correctly implemented? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=734702, http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728998 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115.

I would love to see a SDK that relies on the SIV software for license.

Will there be a native 64-bit release of CL with this revised architecture?

Hello,

on this regard, I suffered the same, and also many other people.

Lately it seems to only happen to sensors/profiles NOT WORKING as expected (they keep hanged and unchanged, even my "rpm CPU fan" measures different to the ones of the "H100i GTX" fans (they are JUST THE SAME and usually ahve similar measures).

What I have done is to FORGET about that and just reboot the system, not defualting, no remading everything, aven the 0 readings or duplicated devices. Maybe some issue is related to the CL drivers that maes it think there are "new devices", as sometimes has hapened with my Ozone STrato headset as if I disconnect the USB when system is TURNED OFF it does not recognize the device (drivers don't need to be installed) but resets the cinfiguration.

As I say: have you tried to reboot (normally) just after booting up and seeing it wrong?

I know it is disturbing, but for the moment it is better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair:

GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER!!!!

I bought the HORRIBLE h100i product nearly a year ago. Since day one, you have had bugs and problems with the software AND firmware.

My first one was bricked immediately because your firmware update did not work on Windows 8. Almost a year later, and I am running old firmware on the replacement still because I can't trust your company to NOT break the hardware I bought.

So I come here today to see if I can find out if that issue has been resolved. Can I find any info on that? HELL NO. Just a Corsair employee being rude and saying that asking to see things from any company would be abnormal.

Well, any company that consistently put out the poor level and quality of hardware and software that you put out should be sharing with the community what is going on. I bet half the people in your community are more talented than the people on your staff.

So at this point, I COMPLETELY regret buying the h100i. Going forward I will not buy anything made or even touched by Corsair.

I am running firmware 1.0.5 because I am on Windows 8.1 and your company ruined my device the last time I tried. Can't find any information in your support section that tells me if it will still brick my device so basically Corsair just takes peoples money, and then fails to deliver a working product. Real nice.

So maybe you should consider telling us what the hell you are doing because we sure as hell have a right to know since OUR money is what makes your company operate. Instead of being pompous maybe you guys should figure out how to create a quality product so we wouldn't feel the need to worry about what you are doing.

Hell we STILL have to edit the registry in Windows 8 to get your device to work as far as I know. Get it together, seriously.

• Corsair Employee

I've mentioned in multiple threads what we're doing, actually, including this one.

Corsair Link is being rearchitected and rebuilt from the ground up with a cleaner more modular code base. CL3 has inherited a lot of CL2's problems, fixed some of them, come up with some new ones, and if we're going to make good on our commitment to Link we need to more or less start from scratch on the software side.

So that's what we're doing.

I've mentioned in multiple threads what we're doing, actually, including this one.

Corsair Link is being rearchitected and rebuilt from the ground up with a cleaner more modular code base. CL3 has inherited a lot of CL2's problems, fixed some of them, come up with some new ones, and if we're going to make good on our commitment to Link we need to more or less start from scratch on the software side.

So the community plays the waiting game.

Is the rebuild something that the CL team has JUST begun working on, or have they been working on it for some time? Will we see the new version in 2015?

I just want to know when (ballpark) I wont have to delete devices and set up my custom fan curve after every boot.

Also @bedgar some of us feel your pain, however you should try to keep your posts civil. Corsair employees are also people and will respond in a similar way you would if someone told you everything you made sucked. If you are fair and have a pleasant tone you will likley get MUCH BETTER support from who you are addressing.

You do remember that this is the same song that was being sung before CL3 was put out, don't you? We've heard this before. Seems to me the year has changed, but not the story. It's been "next version we will have it fixed." for two years now.

You do remember that this is the same song that was being sung before CL3 was put out, don't you? We've heard this before. Seems to me the year has changed, but not the story. It's been "next version we will have it fixed." for two years now.

Exactly. Corsair said the latest version would to be a "complete overhaul" but we only got a handful of fixes and even more bugs. It was anything but an overhaul. It's been apparent that Link needs to be rebuilt from the ground up for a long time. I'd really like to see it happen but I find it hard to believe Corsair's latest promise when they have a history of over-promising and under-delivering with Link.

• Corsair Employee

And you remember staying on our forums solely to dissuade people from buying Corsair hardware is against forum rules and banworthy, right?

CL4 is being developed with a completely different team and rebuilt from the ground up with substantially more investment than previous versions.

And you remember staying on our forums solely to dissuade people from buying Corsair hardware is against forum rules and banworthy, right?

CL4 is being developed with a completely different team and rebuilt from the ground up with substantially more investment than previous versions.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the truth... but the reason it stings so much... is precisely because it is the truth!

Just because the team is completely different, and the investment is greater, does not guarantee success. As you may have learned from my emails earlier, I have a great deal of experience with consumer product development, including both hardware and software. Given the right team, and the five months since we were told on 2/11/15 that a totally new V3 was coming out, this should be done. Yet we still wait, and now we're told it is V4 we need to wait for. There are no updates on progress, and no commitments. I'm not trying to dissuade your customers, I'm letting them form their own opinions.

Feel free to let me know what is not factual regarding my comments!

If that is ban worthy, so be it. But I'd like my product to work, and seeing that Corsair can't even be bothered to write a complete set of instructions, and yes I do think that would help many, I'm a bit suspect of the story now being told. Last time you "Warned" me, I had a nice interchange with your colleague/boss via email. I have to disagree with a great deal of what he had to say. He seemed against giving users a decent set of instructions because, "... they shouldn't be needed." I agree that they shouldn't be needed, but with the state of the software, they are needed! In how many postings have you told users to blindly try a different version, or to run as administrator... yet there are no instructions that say it must be run as admin, and any customer calling with an issue would immediately be told to try the newest version before support will try and troubleshoot.

I'm here because I have purchased product that doesn't work as promised, and I'd like it to work. If my exposing what I call "The Insanity" of what is going on here is a problem, then all the users here are a problem.

My suggestion is to take a half day to write a decent set of instructions, and post them! This will serve to show some commitment to helping users, and will give people a baseline for what is needed to make Link work. This will also give users less "ammunition" to use against you. I think it is more constructive to spend some time to minimize the problems, than to "shoot the messenger." It is certainly time better spent than threatening one of your customers with the ban hammer!

If I were here to "chase off your customers" then why would I bother posting what I think you should do to help your customers?

We're not going to release an overview of the revised architecture and we are absolutely not going to submit development releases for you to review. These requests would be abnormal made of any company.

Just sayin. For the Corsair Spokesman to be saying this? he must be getting frustrated with dealing with Corsair Link bugs. Sigh...

Archived