Corsair Community

H100i GTX Blue LED but not detected in Link?

Saiyan

I just got my NZXT motherboard USB extension in the mail so I'm finally able to plug in my corsair link data cable from my pump. However for some reason my fans/LED aren't showing up in either the newest or ver3 (which worked with it when I first built the PC in January). I've tried un-installing and re-installing around 10 times now because I hate my fans running at a full 2400RPM sounding like a tornado. I've tried plugging my fans directly into the CPU fan slots and adjust the speeds which I was able to do but NZXT's CAM software soon told me my CPU was at 99 degrees Celsius with a 2% load so something wasn't right. I see that some found a registry hack that fixed this issue however I'm unable to find the folder that they are working on in the registry to fix this. I've tried different USB ports on my mobo, I've tried disconnecting everything else in the USB slots on my mobo and restarted but it seems like nothing will get my PC to detect the H100i GTX unit anymore. :[pouts:

1. Is the H100iGTX listed on Device and Printers?
  2. Is the H100iGTX listed by Windows Device Manager and are there any errors? Post screen shots.
  3. Why are you running CAM?
  4. Has http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159462 been fixed?
  5. Your PC specs need to include the Windows version and build, they should include far more in general.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

1. Is the H100iGTX listed on Device and Printers?
  2. Is the H100iGTX by Windows Device Manager and are there any errors? Post screen shots.
  3. Why are you running CAM?
  4. Has http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159462 been fixed?
  5. You PC specs need to include the Windows version and build, they should include far more in general.

1. No it isn't but something called MCP2200 USB serial port emulator is

2. the only thing i can find is corsair bus in system devices and corsair composite virtual device in human interface

3. using CAM to control NZXT Hue+ LEDs that are on a mobo USB slot as well

4. not sure but it's plausible that it's the cause since I got Link3 running in January when I finished the PC

5. i7-4790k, Strix 970, 1866 ddr3, z97 Gaming 5 mobo,

1. Is the H110iGTX USB cable correctly connected?

2. Where is the screen shot?

5. Add them to your PC specs as I specified and also the Windows version and build.

If you wish me to try and help then post the SIV screen shots.

1. Is the H110iGTX USB cable correctly connected?

2. Where is the screen shot?

5. Add them to your PC specs as I specified and also the Windows version and build.

If you wish me to try and help then post the SIV screen shots.

1. Yes, I've made sure multiple times that I have it in all the way and the right way

2. Windows 10 64 Home

3. Do I need SIV for this?

Just re plugged in my stock USB cable after trying to get a regular USB to detect my unit and my LED turned on (default blue color) but when I installed Link the H100i GTX STILL wasn't detected... what the actual... How is link this bad... Not sure I comprehend...

If you wish me to try to help then post the screen shots I asked for several times rather than creating a new thread asking the same question :(:.

You also still need to complete your PC specs, epically the Windows version and build number :idea:.

Duplicate of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160342

If you wish me to try to help then post the screen shots I asked for several times rather than creating a new thread asking the same question :(:.

You also still need to complete your PC specs, epically the Windows version and build number :idea:.

and it's not a duplicate. I got the LED to turn on now so it's clearly working but Link isn't

I don't have SIV and I don't know what you mean by build number

Why have you failed to download SIV?

Why have you failed to ask Google?

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

Have you bothered to actually follow this link?

attachment.php?attachmentid=25880&stc=1&d=1468657782

here's SIV screenshot

I asked for the SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels, but you posted [uSB Devices].

Given there is a [uSB Bus] button I am at a loss as to why on earth you did this.

Also attach the .PNG to the post as I have done.

295250744_USBDevices.thumb.png.30c33b21fe5d1c724a2c0ce5fb6b6f1e.png

I asked for the SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels, but you posted [uSB Devices].

Given there is a [uSB Bus] button I am at a loss as to why on earth you did this.

Hope this is all I needed then. http://imgur.com/AaZJlTk

Hope this is all I needed then.

No, I can't even see the image :(:. Why did you fail to attach the image as I asked?

I could work out how to look at it, but feel you should do as I ask. I also suspect there is only one image rather than the three I asked for.

Corsair, Thank you for merging the two threads :bigeyes:.

Archived