Corsair Community

Splitter for RGB connectors of Corsair fans ?

Iceyes

Hi guys,

I just received the wonderful 570x Mirror black case (not the standard one but the premium), and I noticed one thing about it that I haven't planned.

Indeed, I scheduled to build a 6 LL120 fans configuration, however, it appears this case has one additional RGB connector to plug into the 6 slots RGB hub for the Corsair RGB logos located on the PSU shroud and on the front.

So, in order to get my 6 LL120 fans AND my 7th RGB connector (from Corsair logo), I'd need a splitter for the 3-pins RGB connectors.

Note that this 3-pins RGB connector is not the same at all than 3-pins fan connector, see below.

RGB.png

As such, would you have an idea on how to plug these 7 3-pins RGB connectors into the RGB hub that has only 6 slots ?

My only guess is to find a splitter for this kind of plug but I don't know where to find them or how to name them.

Cheers !

Many thanks for your reply.

With all my research, I kinda missed that post which was (very) helpful !

Indeed, I swapped them because of the 4th pin, I forgot SP120 didn't have rpm control :|

This is what I was expecting before knowing there would be the additional corsair logo RGB connector:

RGB_planned.png

Without buying the commander pro, and knowing I would have one spare lightning node pro because of the LL fans multipack, is there any way I could plug them all ?

I don't see any without the commander pro, but I could miss something in here.. That is why I was interested in a RGB splitter...

Cheers !

Okay so for the option 1 plugging in to cases button controller, what exactly do you mean and what should I expect from this ?

As for the option 2, how would you do to plug 2 lightning node pro as they don't have any USB header.. ?

Thanks again for your expertise (:

Okay so for the option 1 plugging in to cases button controller, what exactly do you mean and what should I expect from this ?

Just leave the case lighting as it is when it arrives.. this you would control via the buttons on the top of the case

As for the option 2, how would you do to plug 2 lightning node pro as they don't have any USB header.. ?

yep the Node Pro connects Via USb bud :).. unless you are confusing the RGB Fan LED Hub with the Node Pro?

Just leave the case lighting as it is when it arrives.. this you would control via the buttons on the top of the case

Actually I need to move everything because I am removing SP120 to replace them with LL120 all the way ! So I kinda can't let things as they are...

yep the Node Pro connects Via USb bud :).. unless you are confusing the RGB Fan LED Hub with the Node Pro?

I'm not confusing with the Fan LED hub no worries, I just can't picture how to link 2 Node pros ?

Find below my two different understandings of the possible configuration.

Alternative 1

alternative_1.png

Alternative 2

alternative_2.png

Am I right ?

Yea I was afraid of that, it is kinda lame I need another hub for one LED only, and it is even lamer than I need another SATA power :sigh!:

I don't really know how the heck I'm going to handle all of these SATA (additionnally to the AIO & drives)...

EDIT: I was thinking about this situation as well, could it work ? My guess is no ?

alernative3.png

Yea I was afraid of that, it is kinda lame I need another hub for one LED only, and it is even lamer than I need another SATA power :sigh!:

I don't really know how the heck I'm going to handle all of these SATA (additionnally to the AIO & drives)...

EDIT: I was thinking about this situation as well, could it work ? My guess is no ?

No, that won't work.

Archived