Corsair Community

HS50 Corsair Stereo Gaming Headset Problem

ValorsHero

Im having a very unique problem with my gaming headset that i just ordered. This is my first time ever having a gaming headset for PC so I may get many terms wrong, but please bear with me.

The headset comes with an attachable mic, and a headset splitter

Eager me plugged it in directly without the splitter and played around with the sounds and stuff. The headset had Stereo sound and worked fine. The mic, as expected wasnt working.

Then I reread everything and plugged it in properly with the headset splitter; one end in the Mic In pink slot, and one end into the Audio green slot.

When I tested some sounds and such, the headset went from Stereo to Surround, which was not how it was advertised. Additionally, the ears themselves are acting as the microphones.

The attachable microphone doesnt even seem to be working at all, I literally have to speak into the ears of the headphones and then it works properly. I noticed this immediately when I test called myself in a discord call and realized the sounds i made when i simply turned my head were being picked up on the "mic" (it was really my ears rubbing against the surface)

Any help please?

EDIT : I literally just ordered this thing off amazon for prime day and its not even working. I'm very annoyed at the moment >.>

EDIT 2 : The headset works flawlessly on my phone (so thats good news). But when plugging into my computer, which is what I wanted, the ears continue acting as the microphone

No problem anymore. I ordered a iXCC Headphones Y Cable Splitter Adapter for Computer, 3.5mm Female to 2 Male Premium Gold-Plated Corrosion-Resistant Audio Mic Y Cable from amazon. Problem solved. It is the Y adapter that was shipped with the headsets. I suggest you might want to offer a replacement for free to customers and find out what happened. Good luck!

• Corsair Employee
No problem anymore. I ordered a iXCC Headphones Y Cable Splitter Adapter for Computer, 3.5mm Female to 2 Male Premium Gold-Plated Corrosion-Resistant Audio Mic Y Cable from amazon. Problem solved. It is the Y adapter that was shipped with the headsets. I suggest you might want to offer a replacement for free to customers and find out what happened. Good luck!

Definitely, if you haven't yet, let our support team know so they can help you out. They'll also be interested in the splitter that you received, too.

http://support.corsair.com

Archived