Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Plus buzz noise

todou

Hi guys.

I just bought Corsair One Pro Plus last week, I am so exciting when I got my New PC. I think this PC should quiet, however, it sounds that it is not so quiet.

I can hear small buzz sound when system is at idle.

Here is the video, you can here there is a buzz sound. I understand the system will not absolutely no sound, but buzz sound disturb me..

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Dose any has the same problem as me? Or dose this normal?

I had the same experience, replacement unit just as faulty.

This isn't my video (I've posted a video in a seperate thread) but this is exactly the same as my experience, and I'm sure the same as yours.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HxDfIJN5w[/ame]

Corsair have a widespread issue here with the 7700k 1080ti range. We need to have some clear messaging as to what the resolution is. For many of us our retailer returns periods are now expired (after the back and forth with Corsair). If Corsair cannot provide replacement units that meet original specification (and advertising) then I will be pressing for a refund direct from Corsair.

• Corsair Employee

For anyone having these issues. You should work with our support team for either a replacement or refund. I've notified them of the reported noise issues, but it seems to be only effecting some systems and a resolution is pending as we pinpoint the cause.

Link to our support portal: https://support.corsair.com

Would definitely appreciate more focus towards it, im about to get my third exchanged and same issues in every one of the pc´s ive received.

Does Corsair have any thought on what it could be?

For anyone having these issues. You should work with our support team for either a replacement or refund. I've notified them of the reported noise issues, but it seems to be only effecting some systems and a resolution is pending as we pinpoint the cause.

Link to our support portal: https://support.corsair.com

• Corsair Employee
Would definitely appreciate more focus towards it, im about to get my third exchanged and same issues in every one of the pc´s ive received.

Does Corsair have any thought on what it could be?

The idea behind this is that a supposedly "noisy" system will be exchanged through customer support and then shipped to us for evaluation to see what could be causing it. Without a good number of these systems coming in, it's significantly harder to see what's happening and apply a fix (multiple systems are required to validate that there is a common cause for this).

This process takes a good amount of time as you can imagine, but our support team is keeping an eye out and we hope to have this figured out in the near future.

Hi, I just get a new replacement today. The good thing is that the buzz noise is gone,:biggrin:, however, New noise is coming. I can here some fan noise near GPU, so I open left side, and check if any cable block fan. After I clear fan zone, the sound still here:sigh!:..

It just sound like fan get block, but it much better than buzz noise. So I think I am OK with this...

Im pending the third replacement and also this shipment is stuck in processing due to a missing commercial invoice that is causing a delay. This has been going on since the 9th and no followups ever since.

ive asked for a full refund, dont think this problem will be solved anytime soon and its frustrating.

This is the db I hear while sitting 1m away working and its a constant noise.

Ive had it below my table and noise is the same, the current position is just while testing best locations. Also ive mounted this on top of special silencer matts to remove bad acustics.

ndzfXga.jpg

QUOTE=Corsair CJ;944522]The idea behind this is that a supposedly "noisy" system will be exchanged through customer support and then shipped to us for evaluation to see what could be causing it. Without a good number of these systems coming in, it's significantly harder to see what's happening and apply a fix (multiple systems are required to validate that there is a common cause for this).

This process takes a good amount of time as you can imagine, but our support team is keeping an eye out and we hope to have this figured out in the near future.

I'm interested in knowing your LOT number.

Mine are 17305110 and the model CS-9000011-EU. After bought the 1080Ti and for the price had that amount of noise I opted to return it. Then I give a try to the 1080 for a good price.

Now is my 3rd try.

No code has to be inserted here.

The last one I have is the less noisy, if I could balance the pump should be OK.

In my experience you need to be lucky to have a 30dB model.

Now I have 35ish at iddle.

You need to have a proffessional dB meter to measure bellow 30dB but your ears are the best tool.

The buzzing noise is quite disturbing, also the rattling pumps.

One thing I notice is if you speed up the case fan to the max you have a better sound covering the buzzing and the rattling but this is not a solution. :sigh!:

Some ideas should be have a variable pump speed to tune the noise or a better product out of the box. For the money you pay and the advertisement about 20dB the product is quite a dissapointment. Even so the desing is amazing.

I know is difficult to have a 20dB product, also knowing some people, like me, have the model next to me, at 50-60cm and then all sounds and vibrations are magnified.

Anyway, I still think is possible to have a 30ish model but need a perfect balanced pumps and a lot of luck from the rest of parts, gpu fan, psu electrical noise, coil whining and case fan. :!:

Luis.

Madrid - Spain

My Model is CS-9000013-NA, and lot is 18045102

I'm interested in knowing your LOT number.

Mine are 17305110 and the model CS-9000011-EU. After bought the 1080Ti and for the price had that amount of noise I opted to return it. Then I give a try to the 1080 for a good price.

Now is my 3rd try.

No code has to be inserted here.

The last one I have is the less noisy, if I could balance the pump should be OK.

In my experience you need to be lucky to have a 30dB model.

Now I have 35ish at iddle.

You need to have a proffessional dB meter to measure bellow 30dB but your ears are the best tool.

The buzzing noise is quite disturbing, also the rattling pumps.

One thing I notice is if you speed up the case fan to the max you have a better sound covering the buzzing and the rattling but this is not a solution. :sigh!:

Some ideas should be have a variable pump speed to tune the noise or a better product out of the box. For the money you pay and the advertisement about 20dB the product is quite a dissapointment. Even so the desing is amazing.

I know is difficult to have a 20dB product, also knowing some people, like me, have the model next to me, at 50-60cm and then all sounds and vibrations are magnified.

Anyway, I still think is possible to have a 30ish model but need a perfect balanced pumps and a lot of luck from the rest of parts, gpu fan, psu electrical noise, coil whining and case fan. :!:

Luis.

Madrid - Spain

Then I start to get it.

If the last units have the same sound like the first ones then the main noise problem to me are the pumps.

Those little things spinning so fast and moving mass vibrate if they are not assembled with a lot of love and mount them in the unit well balanced. Inertia moment and that stuff.

Also the design of the pump is important.

In my case the CPU pump runs at 2160rpm and mine vibrate a lot, transmitting the vibration through the case. But the GPU pump runs at 2317rpm and does not vibrate (at least my last unit :sigh!:), you can hear more the fan if you put your ear in the left side.

I'm curious if CORSAIR changed the pump types since the first units.

I think are H60 types for the CPU and H100 type for the GPU. Wish having the H100 in the CPU and the vibration were gone.

If you have luck and the pump is balanced then you have a 30ish dB unit.

But if you are out of luck then you have a buzzing one, and that's annoying.

I think CORSAIR have to improve the quality checking in the production chain.

Also they have to change the 20dB advertisement to something more realistic.

Hi, I just get a new replacement today. The good thing is that the buzz noise is gone,:biggrin:, however, New noise is coming. I can here some fan noise near GPU, so I open left side, and check if any cable block fan. After I clear fan zone, the sound still here:sigh!:..

It just sound like fan get block, but it much better than buzz noise. So I think I am OK with this...

i dont want to alarm you but my first system had a smilar problem:

a strange sound like same cable is blocking (if i inclined the computer sound disappeared)

after few weeks the sound became permanent ....

Emm, but My GPU pump run 2317rpm, it really loud. CPU pump run 2610rpm with small sound... I want konw can we control the pump speed?

Then I start to get it.

If the last units have the same sound like the first ones then the main noise problem to me are the pumps.

Those little things spinning so fast and moving mass vibrate if they are not assembled with a lot of love and mount them in the unit well balanced. Inertia moment and that stuff.

Also the design of the pump is important.

In my case the CPU pump runs at 2160rpm and mine vibrate a lot, transmitting the vibration through the case. But the GPU pump runs at 2317rpm and does not vibrate (at least my last unit :sigh!:), you can hear more the fan if you put your ear in the left side.

I'm curious if CORSAIR changed the pump types since the first units.

I think are H60 types for the CPU and H100 type for the GPU. Wish having the H100 in the CPU and the vibration were gone.

If you have luck and the pump is balanced then you have a 30ish dB unit.

But if you are out of luck then you have a buzzing one, and that's annoying.

I think CORSAIR have to improve the quality checking in the production chain.

Also they have to change the 20dB advertisement to something more realistic.

I think you are right, when I touch the left side, I can feel small vibration on the case, and the wired noise come from here.

You can't, they are wired to be at constant rpm.

If your GPU Pump is buzzing is bad balanced or is faulty. I have the same problem but with the CPU Pump.

• 4 weeks later...
I think you are right, when I touch the left side, I can feel small vibration on the case, and the wired noise come from here.

Did you ever get a replacement unit without the sound? I just received my new Corsair One today and it has the same buzzing sound on the left side of the system. It sounds like it's coming from the GPU pumps.

From reading multiple threads, it seems like it might be a common problem and I'm not sure if I should gamble and get a replacement unit.

Archived