Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting LNP

MZMpac

Greetings,

Just set up 3 LL120 fans. I cannot for the life of me get iCUE (or LINK) to recognize LNP or any of the fans.

The fans will run at power on with the default random RGB setting. I double checked to make sure the fans were plugged into the RGB hub in the right order. I tried both USB 2.0 headers on my MB for the LNP. I tried the firmware reset button on the LNP. Rebooted the system multiple times. Nothing worked. The software will not detect the node or the fans.

Am I missing something here? I'm a bit of a newb with hardware installs but this should not be so complicated.

Thanks for your help.

First, take a look using USBDeView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see if the Lighting Node Pro shows up at all in there. Corsair's Vendor ID is 1b1c so start with that.

If it doesn't show up in USBDeView (and I think it won't but we should check anyway) ... try connecting this to a rear IO panel USB port using a standard mini USB cable. If it shows up then, then we know that the NoPro is fine.

Which would make it either the cable or the connection. First, make sure that you aren't using an splitters for the USB port. Second, make sure that the connector is on the pins correctly- it's super-easy to have them off by one (don't ask how I know this ...). Also, make sure that Fast Boot is disabled in your BIOS and that Windows Fast Startup is also dsiabled. Both of these features bypass some of USB initialization.

Thanks for the reply.

So I did check USBDeView per some other threads here I found on the same topic. Corsair's vendor ID did not show up there.

When I get home tonight I will try connecting it to a rear IO panel USB port to see if it pops up.

How do I disable Fast Boot in BIOS and Windows Fast Startup? In power settings or the BIOS setup utility?

Archived