Corsair Community

icue black screen issues?

backdoc77

Black screen/nvidia issue with Link? I've not seen that. Can you explain a bit more?

As for iCue, it uses a totally different graphics engine than Link. It does require an OpenGL context and we've seen issues when folks have ... uhh, I can't recall the name of the package but it lets you view iOS devices on the desktop, kinda like an RDP session, from what I understand.

Outside of that, I did have an issue, briefly, when I had the iGPU configured as the Primary Graphics Adapter in my BIOS and I didn't have the Intel drivers updated (even though my nVidia drivers were freshly installed). But that's not a bug, it's a ID-ten-T issue on my end that caused me no end of consternation. It was fixed when I updated the Intel iGPU drivers ... but likely wouldn't have been an issue if my dGPU was configured as the Primary Graphics Adapter in the BIOS.

I noticed the problem immediately after installing the Link software. While playing a game the screen randomly turns black with a sound loop. Reboot will be required at this point. After reading this thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/955527/windows-10-build-1607-randomly-black-screens-nvlddmkm-/?offset=877

I was able to solve the issue by preventing Link from running in the background. Sora's post (#898) seemed very interesting. Not sure if it is accurate, I can only say disabling link solved my issue.

Anyway, I would like to upgrade to icue and see if it causes any issues for me. Should I uninstall link first? Or just install the latest icue version?

Thanks for you help.

I will also check out what you mentioned (igpu vs dgpu) in the BIOS.

Archived