Corsair Community

I cant stand corsair cases, in particular the 280x.

Dajinn

It seems like no matter what corsair can't seem to get their rubber grommets in the right spot, you always end up with this 45 degree angle that your 24 pin is going at and it looks ugly as hell.

The 280x is another weird anomaly. Its a micro atx chassis but the optimally placed rubber grommets are designed for mini ITX. Otherwise if you go micro you only get 1 rubber grommet that's placed 45 degrees from the 24 pin.

I don't really get it.

It seems like no matter what corsair can't seem to get their rubber grommets in the right spot, you always end up with this 45 degree angle that your 24 pin is going at and it looks ugly as hell.

The 280x is another weird anomaly. Its a micro atx chassis but the optimally placed rubber grommets are designed for mini ITX. Otherwise if you go micro you only get 1 rubber grommet that's placed 45 degrees from the 24 pin.

I don't really get it.

Simple buy a case, then select a MB that has the 24pin line up with it. The issue is there is no standard location for the 24pin. Many caes can match up, though there are always CPU power, headers, sata and many othe things that won't line up as they are all different on different MB.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, sorry Dajinn. Solarity does have a point though. We can't possibly make cases that will fit every build out there. You eventually have to get creative with your cable management and that's just part of the fun. Personally I can't wait to move my build over to the 280X. Most likely will do that once classes end.

Archived