Corsair Community

Pump speed alert false positives due to occasional zero readings

lxtbell2

I'm trying to set alarms with Corsair Link notifications in case of pump or fan failure etc. (My pump suddenly stopped yesterday for some reason when I was tweaking Corsair Link profiles, which was fairly dangerous as the PETG tubes could have been melted, leaked, and shorted the components if I didn't notice)

However, minimum pump speed alerts don't work very well since occasionally it will read 0 rpm for 1 second (same applies to all fan speeds) and back to normal, which still triggers the alarm and start to shutdown the computer. I'm wondering if 0 rpm (i.e. failure to read) can be ignored for alerts or the alerts can be set to ignore transient outliers?

What pump do you have?

Can you fill out your system information?

Thanks for the timely reply. My pump is Alphacool VPP755, which is powered by Molex and controlled (PWM) by Corsair Commander Mini. I don't know why it stopped. I set to 0% PWM once but that should still keep it on at low speed. Meanwhile it shouldn't matter for the 0rpm issue: all my fans including ML120 and Silent Wings 3 occasionally report 0rpm from Corsair Commander Mini. I'm not sure if my Commander is defective.

Archived