Corsair Community

small tick sound when running intensive CUDa/OpenGL application

sparvu

Hi,

Not sure if this is a PSU problem.

When I play a very intensive application from Nvidia CUDA SDK in Ubuntu, I hear like a small capacitor or small tick sound during the application play. This is an intensive CUDA/OpenGL simulation of a smoke :) !

For anything else in SDK, other CUDA/OpenGL application no sound at all. Could this be related to the PSU itself, a normal thing ? If I watch movies or do other normal activities no worries. When I return to the smole simulation, then I can hear this tick, or pitch somehow.

thanks,

Stefan

• Corsair Employee
It's likely either the graphics card or the PSU that is causing the buzzing. Usually if its the PSU then you can duplicate the buzzing within safe mode. You may want to just make sure you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card, and in some cases we have seen that enabling vsync in the graphics drivers can eliminate the buzz.

It's likely either the graphics card or the PSU that is causing the buzzing. Usually if its the PSU then you can duplicate the buzzing within safe mode. You may want to just make sure you have the latest drivers installed for the graphics card, and in some cases we have seen that enabling vsync in the graphics drivers can eliminate the buzz.

very right. I have tested and it seems its coming from my quadro 4000. It has nothing to do with my PSU.

I am running latest drivers from nvidia. Thanks for tip. I will try that to see if the buzz will go away. This was visible when running: smokeParticles from NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK.

Thanks a lot,

stefan

Archived