Corsair Community

Installed my RMA RM1000i. PC doesn't recognise SSD OR HD

GoldenBen

Hi guys, I installed my new PSU today and have it connected to everything, including the CD drive, SSD and HD, via SATA cables, but I can't get past the BIOS now, when in BIOS going into Boot Menu says 'Cannot find any bootable devices'

I wonder if I haven't connected everything correctly, although the PC is powered on as normal and temps are all normal. The only weird thing to add is the normal power button doesn't work at all and I am currently having to turn my PC on via the Motherboard start button.

Does anyone please have any ideas that may help? Could the original PSU failure have caused damage to the drives? This PC set me back a lot of money and it's been a very frustrating experience thus far. Thank you

• 10 months later...
My second rm1000i has Just died after 10 months of use, while my first blew after just a few months. Not happy to say the least, especially when I can’t access my old e mail anymore to reset my password to even put in a new ticket! So fed up of Corsair and will be my last time using them! There is clearly a major issue with these power supplies to have two fail in 18 months.

Right, I’m getting fed up now as my second Rm1000i died last week out the blue and I am trying to RMA it for a second time, the issue is I can’t access my old e mail address for which the original invoice and first RMA is on. Now I’ve explained this multiple times to different agents and I am getting nowhere fast. What is so difficult to understand in that I can’t access my old e mail? Can someone with some common sense help me or is it just better I escalate my complaint with a higher body?

• Corsair Employee

Hey Goldenben,

We don't really handle tickets through the forums, but if you wouldn't mind posting your ticket number I'm sure one of our agents can look into this further. Sorry for the experience you've been having so far, but we get everything cleared up, I'm sure!

My ticket number is 724737. Forgive my frustration but I must have said the same thing to 4 or 5 agents now, I simply can’t access my old e mail account which contains my invoice and original RMA, but can happily identify myself and confirm any security questions, but it’s been like talking to a brick wall.

Archived