Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 PM
QCube's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935144
QCube Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I can't say what the TMPIN 4 and 5 are, but it is not uncommon to have wacky temp peak readings when running multiple monitoring programs. Corsair Link will do this on occassion. I am running HWINFO64 right now and it says my Commander Pro temp probe #2 hit 121.7C in the last 10 minutes. It is warm today, but I am quite sure the air temp in my case in not over 100C.

I don't use CPUID and the programming needed for these tools is even more out of my depth, so I can't give more guidance on that. However, whenever something looks fishy, close it out and monitor with something else to see if it repeats. I genuine problem would be present in all and that still leave room for a possible motherboard sensor error or other less harmful explanation. Not too many things on the board will reach 71C in any circumstances.
I suppose it's worth mentioning here since I've found an update. I've just gone into the bios to take a look at q-fan and have a look over all my settings and I've stumbled across the Intel adaptive thermal monitoring setting which I have enabled (obviously) but I assume this is to protect the CPU by decreasing the CPU frequency when it reaches the thermal throttle point. TM1 (Thermal monitor 1), TM2 (Thermal monitor 2) and so forth including EMTTM (enhanced multi threaded thermal monitoring).

I'm gonna go with the fact I have a fault CPU thermal monitor on #4 and #5 but as long as they don't overrule PWM from C/link then I shouldn't run into any more issues (other than having to replace a loud broken fan lol).