Corsair Community

Memtest showing zero errors - still getting memory corruption BSOD's / freezes

00firebird

for more background please see this thread

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic153121.html#post931779

It recently came to my attention that my Ibuypower Build had memory that is NOT on the compatibility list. http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1330436#other_modules

I am running the now discontinued TW3X4G1333C9D.

I haven't been able to pinpoint any of my random freezes (90% of the time) and BSOD's (10%). The BSOD minidumps point to memory corruption. Yet I have perfect performance on my PC when it isn't freezing. I ran 17 HOURS of memtest on both sticks one at a time, and NEITHER returned any errors. Is this normal for compatability issues? I even scored a 7.5 on the windows performance. I was perhaps assuming that if it were incompatible memory that it would not boot or perhaps run strangely, or i'd see other problems.

parts are still warrantied, but I'd like to hear what corsair's stance is on a possible solution? Thanks in advance

I've tried changing the voltages but as soon as i go back and check the bios again they switch back to auto, even after saving the settings.

didn't mess with the bios yet, I figured hardware is easier to change than reversing bios , and i've read the newer releases were somehow worse when it comes to changing settings. is it plausible incompatibility is responsible for all of these issues? or am i throwing money way by getting a compatible set when its really something else (mobo perhaps)

"Your error code is 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

"

this came as an explanation to my most recent BSOD dump file.

What I don't understand is how I didn't have a single problem in a month's time with 1 stick in, and problems the instant i run 2 sticks.

Archived