Corsair Community

How to remove actual rust from m65 pro bottom elements

Tarapapamango

IMG_20190216_104500.thumb.jpg.ea5f2a52fabcdb0948dba645701feb83.jpg

This is bottom of my M65 pro from bought few years back. This not complaint or anything i think it was caused by moisture(and possibly salt- don't ask) on my mousepad. I just want to ask how to remove it. What kind of rust removing chemical will be suitable ? Also are there means to protect next awesome corsair mouse im gonna buy without potential damage to skin/mousepad ? What I mean is that what ever goes on bottom of mouse goes to mousepad and potentially skin.

Those counterweights will unscrew (assuming they are not rusted in place). After that you can drop them in any one of the common Lime-Rust-Calcium products out there. I am quite certain I can do the same with a more purposed chemical bath, but I think that is taking it a bit far for aesthetic reasons.

The other option would be to leave them out. I don't fuss about mouse weight very much, but all of my M65 Pro models go without those. You might try it. You can take a Q-tip and touch up those two little plate screws with the CLR solution or not worry about it too much. I don't think the bottom will fall out.

Archived