Corsair Community

Corsair 570x and Maximus xI hero z390

evry1lovej

Hey, hey!

Perhaps?

The z390 M XI Hero has a slightly larger IO shield, which has been known to cause issues with pre-cutout IO shield placement on cases. This generates a bump when lining up the motherboard to the motherboard standoffs. I had this problem on a Thermaltake View 71 and a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case as I attempted to verify what the issue was.

I would not be surprised if the 570x had the same problem with the mobo as I did. I'm not sure how it works, but my assumption is, the new IO shield on z390 ASUS mobos will work fine with newer designed cases (2019+), but will still cause the issue I ran into on older case designs which were created to fit the older design of mobo IO shield sizes (pre z390 boards).

It may also be an issue with Giga and MSI boards designing larger IO shields too on their z390 lineups, but I can only respond based on my own ASUS experience with this board.

Did I get the mobo to fit? Yup. It came down to lining up as many of the standoffs as I could, while pushing down on the IO shield to best fit in the pre-cutout design of the case while screwing in the motherboard to as many properly aligned standoffs as I could.

If you don't mind one or two crooked motherboard screws going into the standoffs, but you may have to struggle with the IO shield with some force, you'll be okay.

Be wary of cases designed before z390 mobos is my best advice if any of the above truly bothers you.

Archived