Corsair Community

yet another H150i question

SimDuch

Hi folks, I am planning on getting this 3 fans setup. I would need to replace the stock fans with the 3 pack of LL120 RGB In order to be able to get the RGB control AND the speed, is it necessary to have a commander pro ? the pump will be plug in the pump header on the mobo i guess. I will also get a LL140 RGB as a rear fan. So to control everything, I need a commander pro ? Speed and RGB in Icue

Cheers and sorry for my poor English

You need a RGB Lighting Hub for lighting power and a device to allow the fans to be software controllable (Lighting Node Pro). Both of those items come in the LL120 triple pack. A Commander Pro is a Lighting Node Pro with a built in 6-fan controller and 4 temp probes. It would replace the LNP in the set-up.

However, whether or not you want the Commander Pro merits consideration. The H150 has its own built in fan controller and will adjust speed for the 3x120mm on the radiator. That leaves the single 140mm fan. You can price out 3xLL120 singles + RGB Hub + Commander Pro vs the LL120 triple pack and decide if fan control for 1 fan is worth the difference. Also note the Commander Pro is not limited to Corsair fans or RGB fans, but will do speed control for nearly all fans. It does have utility, even outside of a RGB or Corsair system. Also note the LL140 lighting wire will plug into the same RGB lighting hub as the LL120s. You don't need a separate lighting hub or LNP for the different size LL fans.

See also: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived