Corsair Community

Corsair Link, wrong CPU Temp

Pataxx

Hey, it seems like Corsair Link is some kind of bugged.

It says my CPU runs at ~70°C, while it's real temp is at ~40°C (checked with multiple tools). There is another sensor detected as MB Temp wich seems to be the "real" CPU temp. Is there Any way to make Corsair Link reading the correct sensor?

Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k

Screen: https://pl.vc/4mo0c

I think there is an issue between software developers and AMD (or maybe Asus)? Because CPU temps are definitley wrong(in CL and HwMonitor). My CPU is at ~32°C in Bios and 6 seconds later it's at ~70°C when windows is up(IDLE, HwMonitor/CL) while it shows some strange 120°C and higer values when I'm gaming.

Also CPU usage values are wrong and do not match Taskmanagers values (not even close) - its just randomly changing between 1-100%.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I also think there is something up with CS and HW...CS reports my cpu at a temp of -1c and HW has it at 0c. Also both report a MB temp that is actually the cpu temp but due to the low temp reading listed on the cpu I doubt the fans will actually adjust when under load and am supposing there is actually no fix for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, would be nice if we could Pick a temp sens to create the RPM curves....

I'm overall disappointed with the Corsair AIO watercoolers. Software is Crap. Pump makes more noise than my graphics card while gaming. You have to buy extra fans if you wan't it super quiet because the stock fans are crap.

I've put the watercooler now on my secondary rig because I don't use it that much. Switched over to the Dark Rock Pro 3 on my main rig and my CPU stays cooler, it's super quiet at full load and it's 30€ cheaper than what I've payed for the watercooler (even more cheaper if I add the additonal fans I bought).

Thread can be closed. I'm done.

So unfortunately, the H80i GT, H100i GTX, and H110i GTX don't allow you to tie fan curves to anything other than cooler temp. I'm not gonna lie, we have egg on our faces for that.

Why?,with water cooled builds,its the water temp that needs controlling.

• Corsair Employee

Because the relationship between CPU temp and coolant temp isn't linear. In order for coolant to be most effective, it needs to have a larger gulf between its temperature and the temperature of the heat source.

That, and quite frankly, this was something our last generation of coolers could do, and it's something our customers want.

• 3 years later...
I am still having this same issue to date. It seem like for what ever reason it is converting the sensor readings on my motherboard CPU from Celsius into Celsius using the standard formula one would use to convert from C to Fahrenheit, and it does it again to create this OUTLANDISH number that my computer is running at 220 Fahrenheit at IDLE, which let me tell you is impossible. Is there anyway to force this to update and not do that?

I am still having this same issue to date. It seem like for what ever reason it is converting the sensor readings on my motherboard CPU from Celsius into Celsius using the standard formula one would use to convert from C to Fahrenheit, and it does it again to create this OUTLANDISH number that my computer is running at 220 Fahrenheit at IDLE, which let me tell you is impossible. Is there anyway to force this to update and not do that?

Ah! I don't think it's a conversion issue. I don't think that the final version of Link supports the Ryzen 2xxx series CPUs - AMD changed how they did the temp calcuations between generations, at the last minute, I seem to recall. You'd probably seen close to 100C if you switch to Celsius.

iCue should give you a correct reading.

• 3 months later...

Your CPU temps are high for 4790K and 1.22v. The H80i GT temp is coolant temperature and that is normal suggesting the cooler is fine and you may have a contact problem between CPU and cold plate. Did you just install or remount?

Ignore the MB#5. Often when there is no sensor data or unreadable data it will give you either the min or max possible reading. 0 or 127C

Archived