Corsair Community

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have turned every mic setting I could find to max but people still have a hard time hearing me unless the mic is uncomfortably close to my mouth. Any suggestions for fixing this issue?

i have had the same results with this headsets mic. I have found no solution.

Do yall have a wired version or a wireless version and what is your firmware version? I was testing a pre release wired version and the mic was overly sensitive. But my new wireless one is far less sensitive.

Do yall have a wired version or a wireless version and what is your firmware version? I was testing a pre release wired version and the mic was overly sensitive. But my new wireless one is far less sensitive.

I'm using the wireless on firmware version 31.00

Had this issue with the H2100, which is one of the reasons why I returned it (twice) in the end.

I am having the same issue with the void wireless 7.1 on Windows 10.

Microphone level inaudible unless the mic is up close.

Hope this is resolved soon.

Can the mic be bent? I feel a bit nervous about doing that, haha.

We wrapped the wire (steel) with a Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE), which is a combination of plastic and rubber to allow it to bend and keep the insides safe.

At work I have mine bent like this much

attachment.php?attachmentid=22782&stc=1&d=1441736637

and we had our audio team do extensive testing to see the "optimal" position of the headset and came up with

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22781&d=1441736311. The result of bending it 30° in ward towards the face was a 5dB improvement. But you can bend it more but at that point, the mic might pick up breaths and blows.

6fFyPyD.png.4c464ba2bcaf1e154d8314c656aeeb68.png

Y6RRCqO.thumb.jpg.3a2c9cc5675fe7d3df0a8dba93b384b8.jpg

Edited by Corsair Chris

Yeah we understand that no one would think to bend the mic closer... :\ but moving forward we will ship voids with the mic bent in as shown in the 2nd image.

I got my void yesterday, hooked it up to my machine and tested mic gain and first thing I was doing was bending the mic boom. Maybe mentioning it in the manual would help, I did it just out of habit I suppose but it is working fine except that silly100% CPU windows audio bug in CoD.

Edited by TeaTimeJ

Bending mic in still has low volume. VOID YJ SE, Talking in game used to work on other headsets but no one can "really hear" me in game, on TS, or on twitch. I use windows just to test it and the signal bar goes up one bar. Mic volume up 100 through the CUE, about to search for audio graph signal boosting software. Same issue as my H2100 that i exchanged for these. I am still looking for THE headset. Any of other suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...