Corsair Community

TRIM of Corsair Neutron GTX SSD Failed. Error: Unhandled OS Error.

pauljosephserna

I have just finished putting together a new computer build using an ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard and a Corsair Neutron Series GTX SSD. I am just using a single SSD with a HDD for my media. I am not running any kind of RAID setup, but I can't seem to find a reason why I keep getting the following error when attempting to run or schedule TRIM via the Corsair SSD Toolbox:

TRIM of Corsair Neutron GTX SSD Failed. Error: Unhandled OS Error.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I've never had the manual TRIM in the toolbox work properly, even after a clean reinstall. I get the same error message, which isn't very useful. It'd be nice if the toolbox generated some detailed logs somewhere....

I generally use the ForceTRIM utility (downloaded elsewhere) to do an occasional manual TRIM. SSDLife Free reports that TRIM is supported and enabled on my machine.

Win7 Pro SP1 x64, latest updates

Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.0 GHz

ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5, 2.00 firmware

OS Drive: Force GT 240GB, 5.05 Firmware

Storage Drive: Samsung HD502IJ 500GB

Glad I came here. Another reason for me to drop Win 8. I am awaiting all the new parts for a new build. A 480 Gig Neutron GTX will be the "C" drive with a WD 2 terabyte HD for the big storage jobs. Before visiting now I did not know of the SSD Toolbox, TRIM, or the troubles with Win 8. I did order up a copy of Win 7 ultimate. Thanks for stirring up the information.

The learning curve with Win 8 is higher than I seem able to attain. I have two desktops and a Laptop with Win 8.1. Time to cut my losses and go with something I know.

I feel you there. I've never even touched 8 but based on feedback and what I've seen, I'm not interested. ::pirate::

Keep in mind that normal OS based TRIM still works with WIN8 AND that we are working on the issue with this toolbox. I'm no fan of WIN8 but don't let TRIM be your deciding factor.

Please note, I'm on x64 Windows 7 Pro SP1, not Windows 8, and I'm having this issue. Any thoughts?

Archived