Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum not working in POST

surject

- Keyboard LEDs light up at power on

- keys don't work though in POST (BIOS, System Password etc.)

- USB Legacy is activated

- Different USB Ports (2.0 and 3.0) tested

- Usual Dell USB keyboard works without problems (!!)

- BIOS Switch not existing on this keyboard anymore

- Polling Rate lowered to 8ms didn't help

- Keyboard Firmware and BIOS up to date.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hey thanks for that hint, but how do you know this? Is there a manual anywhere? :)

Do I press that key combination when powering on my computer and the keyboards LED light up? And will that setting be permanent or just until CUE is being loaded in Windows (with another polling rate set in there) ? Or is there a way to switch to 1ms again with another keycombo?

So many questions :)

Thanks!

It is the "standard" (Has not changed for years) combination for Corsair keyboards that do not have the polling switch at the front of the keyboard

When BIOS mode is enabled, It will always stay enabled until you disable it by doing the same key combination which would revert back to the normal polling rates. You would want to enable BIOS mode before shutting down as its unlikely you'll enable it as POST would have somewhat be halfway/completed by the time its enabled.

Hello again,

just wanted to thank you again. It works flawlessly now with your hint. I can even switch to BIOS mode only after reboot/power-on when it's asking the System Password - perfect. I switch it back while Windows is loading/resuming.

Problem solved! :)

• 1 year later...

Archived