April 24, 2015

Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB keyboard

Corsair Gaming K65 RGB keyboard

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB keyboard

Corsair Gaming K95 RGB keyboard

Corsair Gaming M65 RGB mouse

Corsair Gaming Saber RGB mouse

Enhancements

• 16.8 Million Color Mode has been added to CUE. This option can be found under the Settings tab in Program. This mode also requires the latest firmware update to function. Please use FW 1.20 or newer.
  • Color wheel has been added to the color palette. Select a key and click on the wheel to add or edit a color.
  • Software now supports a new USB protocol to enhance performance.
  • Profiles and Modes when exported will now only contain active Actions and Lighting items assigned to a key or a group of keys.
  • Uninstalling CUE and deleting saved settings now deletes all CUE files including Action and Lighting items.

Fixes

• Resolved issues where users would experience issues with lighting and CUE interactivity with the new USB protocol. Please use firmware 1.20 and newer.
  • Resolved an issue with Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock keys.
  • Keyboard will no longer trigger repeats when set to BIOS mode.
  • Keyboard will now slow lighting patterns on systems with low available resources appropriately.
  • Resolved long boot delay on Intel X99 USB 2.0 ports.
  • Resolved other various minor issues.

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/support/downloads

Hello,

I'm also having a problem with this latest update. After updating CUE to 1.5.108 I also wanted to update the firmware to 1.2. After the firmware update dialog box with the progress bar opened and closed quickly (I guess it updated quickly) I could no longer access the Profiles Option and on Settings - Device the keyboard is listed with Status: Malfunction. At this point another firmware update if started will get stuck at 3%.

Way to go Corsair! screwing up the firmware upgrade.

Why don't you allow downloading the file instead and manually upgrading?

It failed for me, too, at least for the first attempt.

Just unplugging and plugging it in again worked for me.

Hello,

I'm also having a problem with this latest update. After updating CUE to 1.5.108 I also wanted to update the firmware to 1.2. After the firmware update dialog box with the progress bar opened and closed quickly (I guess it updated quickly) I could no longer access the Profiles Option and on Settings - Device the keyboard is listed with Status: Malfunction. At this point another firmware update if started will get stuck at 3%.

I had this when I bought the keyboard few months ago and the solution was to update using USB 2 ports only.

But in my current case, it doesn't help at all.

ok I was able to fix this firmware update issue.

1. Make sure that if you use USB 3, use Intel port and not 3rd party vendor like ASmedia.

2. Go to your Corsair installation folder in program files

3. Right click on the Corsair folder and select Properties

4. Then select the Security tab

5. Click on Edit button

6. Make sure that Users and also TrustedInstaller has full control

7. Restart CUE and update firmware.

Let me know if it's working for you.

By the way, flickering issue is alive and kicking.

Ok guys, let me provide some more details. As I've said I believe that immediately after updating the CUE software to 1.5.108 I managed to update the firmware to 1.20 - but it was so fast I don't remember noticing a strict confirmation dialog.

After the firmware update is when I lost access to my Profiles option and in Settings-Device I got the following:

*Firmware ??

*Bootloader ??

*Status Malfunction

However if I move the BIOS switch from the original rightmost position (1) completely to the left (position 8) or next to it (position 4) then in Settings-Device I get the following:

*Firmware version 1.20

*Bootloader version 0.11

*Status Works normally

Does this mean that the firmware is okay and the problem is with the CUE? Is there a way to be completely sure that the firmware is well installed and is running with no problems? I can't see an option to reinstall it so ...

Great update. So far all my issues are fixed, but a new bug was introduced.

Switching modes and switching back when the key is released does not work any more.

I hope this issue will be fixed in a timely manner.

I've noticed on my k70 rgb when i use static lighting with type key lighting with 16.8M color turned on the other illuminated keys vibrating when the pressed keys fading. Can someone else confirm that?

this has been known to happen, yes.

Great update. So far all my issues are fixed, but a new bug was introduced.

Switching modes and switching back when the key is released does not work any more.

I hope this issue will be fixed in a timely manner.

there already is a fix for this however it did not make it in this release, it'll be the next one.

Thank you so much!!!!!! corsair!

new software and firmware fixed all my problems!

i know this is going to sound strange but for some reason last night i had to restart my computer and had a slow boot

but then i turned on my computer this morning and no slow boot?

strange????

but everything works fine as of now lol

sorry if i ever came off as being a jerk on the forums

about not getting a fix

love you guys ! bye! lol

After that firmware update my keyboard lighting is just in the red light mode before the profiles take effect. I tried reloading my profile and it doesnt even let me click on the profile tab. my k65 rgb keyboard was working fine before this update.

I've noticed on my k70 rgb when i use static lighting with type key lighting with 16.8M color turned on the other illuminated keys vibrating when the pressed keys fading. Can someone else confirm that?

I was having this problem whole day, was thinking I was the only one. Seems like the keyboard can't get enough power to light up all the keys when the color transition is in effect.

Very irritating for me, for now I am using without the 16.8mil color :/

I also got the Keyboard BIOS update failure on my K70RGB after updating CUE to the latest version. The keyboard is attached to my Asmedia USB3 ports on my mainboard. I have BOTH plugs plugged in as it was a suggested fix for lighting issues with earlier versions.

I got the firmware to update by setting the Keyboard into BIOS mode and then, after the update, switching back to 120Hz Polling mode worked fine. So far, so good.

Archived