Corsair Community

I know it's pretty much the same profile but would you also be able to upload the faster one that looks more like a Cylon ? :)

Also would that work with the RGB K95 ?

Sure, but on mine I think I can only have one or the other (cause I changed all the speeds of the original one) Might make a video on it as well.

Because Ive manually split the keyboard into 21 sections then gone through and manually cycled them, it might but it wouldn't light up the G keys.

• 1 month later...
Would it be possible to use this lighting FX on F-keys only ?? and possibly run something else on all other key ?

thank you

Yes possible, but would require a fair bit of changing, If you want to do it Id sugest go through each of the groupings and selecting remove from group on the keys you dont want the effect on, once thats done you can add whatever other effects you like :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So following a private message from Cosmicon, I explained the two main methods to achieving the Knight Rider look, figured this info might also be handy for beginners so I'm posting it here. Its a bit of a ramble, but hopefully it makes some sense.

Ok so there's a couple ways you can actually achieve this,

the first is to set every column of keys you want as part of the lighting in its own group with its own lighting effect, using a gradient you offset when each of them triggers, similar to how the megarainbow works except without any other colours.

The second way is to have all the key you want as part of the wave in two groups. (Let me re-iterate; thats all the keys you want lit up in identical groups. eg; 'All' and 'All2') You have one with a wave to the right at the start, then the second groups effect should start over halfway down the lighting editor (if that made sense). You then have to play around with timing to get them to line up properly.

• 3 months later...
Hello Schwitz, i downloaded your knight rider profile converted for k95 RGB by zheren, and it moves way too fast, like 2 time faster than in your youtube video, please tell me how to fix this

he edited the profile to move faster, its more smooth and i agree, the new one looks better.

he edited the profile to move faster, its more smooth and i agree, the new one looks better.

Yeah it sure looks smooth and all, but at a 1s cycle it's moving way too fast for it to look like kitt's "eyes" , here

skip to 2:19, you'll see how fast it should be moving, since Schwitz overwrote the original one, and Zheren already made the conversion, can you help me make a 3s cycle one? because i tried to do it myself and i ended up having 2 groups of lights moving around

Ok never mind i managed to make it work for a 3s cycle, i don't know how but i did it!

Yeah it sure looks smooth and all, but at a 1s cycle it's moving way too fast for it to look like kitt's "eyes" , here

skip to 2:19, you'll see how fast it should be moving, since Schwitz overwrote the original one, and Zheren already made the conversion, can you help me make a 3s cycle one? because i tried to do it myself and i ended up having 2 groups of lights moving around

Ok never mind i managed to make it work for a 3s cycle, i don't know how but i did it!

not sure what your asking for here.

not sure what your asking for here.

So i wanted to ask you to make the movement slower, instead of the 1 second cycle version, i wanted the original 3s one, but eventually i managed to make the modification myself and it worked

Archived