Corsair Community

hs70 audio issue with PUBG

TheSolidCrimson

i just purchased the hs70s and love them. other than that, the volume seems to cut in out a bit during gameplay. The Volume just lowers itself then increases again. any tips on fixing this issue....? this is my first corsair product. I have the cue installed as well. thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Corsair Employee
i just purchased the hs70s and love them. other than that, the volume seems to cut in out a bit during gameplay. The Volume just lowers itself then increases again. any tips on fixing this issue....? this is my first corsair product. I have the cue installed as well. thanks!

- Where did you connect the dongle?

- How often does the audio get cut out?

- Does it behave similarly in any other application?

I play Rainbow Six Siege and experience similar issues to this on the HS70. Mine sound will cut out for a split second and I will experience randomly crackling or popping. This was not present on my previous headset, but it also was not wireless. I also notice that this happens for a few seconds when I go to another screen (multi monitor setup) with the game open, as well.

I also have the PUBG Sound problems. Sound is randomly going louder or quieter. When u play PUBG and jump out of the plain, sound is silent. After some seconds sound is going volume up. With other Headsets i don´t have this problem (Sennheiser GameOne, NOT wireless).

In Heroes of the Storm i got no Problem with the HS70, sound behavior there is normal.

I also have the PUBG Sound problems. Sound is randomly going louder or quieter. When u play PUBG and jump out of the plain, sound is silent. After some seconds sound is going volume up. With other Headsets i don´t have this problem (Sennheiser GameOne, NOT wireless).

In Heroes of the Storm i got no Problem with the HS70, sound behavior there is normal.

Thank you! Finally someone else who plays pubg with the hs70. Now i feel like im not crazy.

i have a simple workaround for the moment until this is addressed, and it looks like it may be a while since it was just brought to corsairs attention.

Completely uninstall ICUE

Go to hardware/devices in the control panel and remove device (corsair headset)

restart your pc

when pc comes back up. insert the usb dongle and your pc should install a generic driver. this will allow you to use loudness equalization and you may if you like turn on sonic or dolby atmos. this works much better for me in pubg.

When this issue is addressed and you want to redownload the ICUE, you may and when you do this ICUE will replace the generic driver with the official corsair driver and ICUE will have sole control of the headset. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue in Starcraft 2, Fortnite, and just Spotify application on desktop. There is an occasional snap / crackle/ pop, it's not loud, but it interrupts the sound. Sometimes it sounds like it mashes it together.

I have CUE installed with surround sound enabled. I like the headset otherwise but this is causing me frustration .. the price warrants something that should work correctly without cutting out.

I tried all fixes.. it's my only default playback and recording. Everything else disabled. And i told windows not to interrupt my sound as suggested. Still the same issue every minute to 3 minutes.

i honestly think that Loudness EQ in windows is trying to communicate with the headset interfering with ICUE. Im going to look into a different headset (wireless) for PUBG. Anyone have any suggestions , pm me. Hopefully this can be addressed though, I like the look and the feel of the headset.