Corsair Community

500R motherboard standoffs - one is not like the rest

danwest

hello, i have an question about the motherboard standoffs in the 500R case. one of the standoffs seems a bit strange from the rest. i'm not sure if it's defective or if it has a specific function which is why i'm asking . should i use it or replace it with a new one? i have an idea what it may be for but i just want to be sure.

check attached images to see what i'm talking about.

1530541165_normalstandoff.jpg.2c3771d99c51204d89def227fa83c3a9.jpg

595200185_strangestandoff.jpg.a2de91c89a5c748a075c896f8d34c4da.jpg

The motherboard stand-offs are already built into the case. You don't need any unless you're using an mATX motherboard.

there's some spare standoffs in the included hardware. i removed the different one for a normal one.

p.s, i was thinking that the strange standoff was some kind of alignment aid for mounting the MOBO.

Those stand-offs aren't needed unless you're using an mATX board. I have the 500R and a standard ATX board and did not need nor use any of those stand-offs. Did you actually need them; i.e., you were able to screw into them?

Those stand-offs aren't needed unless you're using an mATX board. I have the 500R and a standard ATX board and did not need nor use any of those stand-offs. Did you actually need them; i.e., you were able to screw into them?

my P8H77-V is screwed in by 6 screws. 4 standoffs and two raised areas on the chassis.

Archived