Corsair Community

Corsair Link causing mouse stutters

ps2cho

What a real pain. After 3x window reinstalls, I finally figured out the mouse stuttering every few seconds is being caused by the Corsair Link software. Its been driving me CRAZY for a month now on my brand new system and has made FPS games almost unplayable.

If I move the mouse Left/Right super fast, I can replicate the issue every time. If I install Corsair Link, it begins doing it immediately. Uninstall, Stops right away. So its definitely the software, and I have the latest version installed. Ive been concerned I had a hardware issue for over a month now. No idea why it would be doing this.

My System:

Ryzen 5 1600 /w h100i

ASRock Fatal1ty x370 ITX

16GB GeIL EVO DDR4 RAM

MSI RX480 8GB

Corsair RM550x

Corsair 250d Case.

Windows 10

Has anybody else come across this issue?

I have not seen any one else report this and there are a huge number of users. It is likely the issue is causally related, but not the software per se.

When it was installed, what kind of CPU power (%) was Corsair Link using? I am wondering about the USB connection and if you saw a lot of traffic on your System Interrupts in task manager/Window Processes. Having just been through a similar experience with a completely unrelated, non-Corsair product, I was amazed at how severely a failing USB cable could affect the system. You could try setting up the software, establishing it is lagging./stuttering, then disconnect the USB cable from the motherboard port. The cooler will still function, but the software would be cut off from the pump. If it stops, that would suggest the usb cable. If it does not, it is something else.

You didn't say what mouse you were using and if it requires software as well.

Its not the mouse, as I already had the drivers installed.

It could be a bad cable, as I just checked the Device Manager and it gives me an unknown device, I fix it, then a few minutes later, it comes back.

I wonder if its in a perpetual loop of driver issues.

I did some googling on Corsair Link and it seems this issue has occurred before, I am not the first. I just googled Corsair Link Stuttering. The resolution to it all was the same as mine, uninstall the software.

You can be the second or the twentieth, but there is huge number of people using the software and mouse lag complaints are not common. Looking at 2013 postings 30 software versions ago are not likely helpful. The device manager is a clue. It could be the cable or possibly cooler related. If the later, that is something you would want to address sooner rather than later while you have more return options. The cable is something you can troubleshoot. Start with the things you can do.

I disconnected the USB cord from the body of the cooler, and then installed the software. Stutters like always.

I no longer get the hardware driver undetected, but the stutter is still present...Guess I cannot use either the software, or the USB without issues with one or the other.

When I look at HWMonitor, moving the mouse Left/Right with NO other processes running causes a few cores to spike up to 25%, which seems pretty off. When I uninstall the software and I repeat the actions, I get 10% tops.

Clearly there is a problem and from what you are describing, it basically sounds unusable. If this were widespread the post count would be massive, so I am wondering what makes your system different. You may be sick of this and prefer not to use Link. That's fine. Move the fans off the pump block to the board so you have some control over them and proceed as normal. However, I am still a little concerned about the hardware and the device error. Is that a micro-B USB connection on the pump end? If so, you can probably use something common like a Android phone charging cable or PS4/Xbox-PC controller USB cord to connect the pump to a rear external USB port. This was a common work around for boards with trouble recognizing the device. Rather than a solution, this could be used to rule of the cable. If the cable is not responsible for the device error, than I have concerns about the physical hardware on the cooler.

It could there is a software conflict of some sort. I have no idea what runs on ASRock boards or the new AMD elements, but what your describing sounds like something is constantly polling or trying to gain system access. I latched on to the cable initially after going through something similar. I would have thought it impossible for a bad cable to be responsible for draining system resources, including huge FPS drops in games, but I was wrong. I am still curious what kind of system interrupt activity you have in Task manager, but at this point we need someone better than me for the software side. It is definitely not my area, but there are a few people who have high level expertise.

You may also want to start an official tech support ticket with Corsair. If there is something wrong with the unit, it would be necessary for replacement.

in device manger did you try uninstalling the the entry for the cooler then hit refresh and tell it to get the latest driver?

it might sound counterintuitive but I have found many times that deleting the yellow icons and then hitting the search for new hardware icon in device manager makes it actually get the correct drivers

another issue I have found with some mice in the past was setting the polling rate above 125hz caused weird issues as it flooded the PCI bus, that in turn lead to severe performance problems....

Yep, tried that. It say successful, but then still says it has an error. Doesn't make any sense.

My mouse is Logitech G700s, but I tried a different mouse as the first thing and it didnt change (and in a different USB socket)

I don't think it is the mouse or the Logitech software. I have run it and Link and CUE concurrently for long periods of time with no noticeable effects. For it to affect FPS, it has to be draining system resources and not just as a resource hog -- something more on a operating system level.

hmm,

well then the most likely things are software or a hardware conflict

the hardware conflict should be simple to identify since it should show up as a problem in device manager....

not entirely sure how you would figure out the problem if its software related though, given there's so many different things that could be causing it/

• 4 weeks later...

Okay...I read through this tread, and it literally infuriated me enough to drive me to create an account and respond.

As a WORKING CODER and having worked with plenty of software developers that try to pass of problems with software as conflicts between hardware, I've had enough.

I personally tested this out...involving allowing my machine to sit for hours from boot with NO KEYBOARD OR MOUSE OR ANY OTHER USB DEVICE PLUGGED IN with and without the Corsair Link software installed.

I know what I'm talking about.

I can also say that I've somewhat been an Asus and Corsair fanboy in my build. My machine is a Corsair case with all fans replaced with 8 Corsair ML-Pro fans, even replacing the stock fans on the Corsair H100i closed loop CPU cooler... I have an RM1000i power supply...I have a Corsair 540 Air Case. I have 4 sticks of 8GB Vengeance DDR4-3200 LPX RAM. As much as I loved Asus first, it really only makes up my Maximus VIII Hero motherboard and ROG STRIX 1080 TI OC 11GB GDDR5 GPU. My CPU is an Intel i7-6700K so there should be NO PROBLEMS.

After hours sitting IDLE, on an OS that has NO fat built in (If you know much about LTSB, you know what I'm saying) I've come home to the interrupts making it basically impossible to use the system without restart. I can control the PWM fans through the EFI/BIOS easily, and as some users have commented, I can easily set a fan curve or "strategy" with Corsair Link (and then promptly uninstall the software), but at first, Corsair Link only recognized the power supply, and I had to search for an older version of the software for the CPU cooler drivers for it to be recognized!

Do your jobs. We've paid you good money.

I WANT you to do right by me so I can feel good about my fandom and then evangelize your company as FREE ADVERTISEMENT for you! I work for companies large enough to know that this is valuable. Your ML fans make a "tick" sound when run at a similarly low RPM... it shouldn't be up to me to figure out how to stagger my fan speeds, and I shouldn't have to be treated like anything less than a CONNOISSEUR for bringing these issues up, much less like a low level user... If that's the product you want to create software for, quite pretending to create high-end products. I am willing to PROVE YOU WRONG by writing Linux based software that will provide the same information made available by DEDICATING 2 ENTIRE USB 2.0 HEADERS without the same DPC latency created (and tracked by MS software). I shouldn't have to (and most HPPC builders shouldn't be expected to.

You haven't seen many issues referencing this, because MOST users aren't as dedicated to their own PC's performance to even care about the ability to monitor the things Corsair Link advertises AS A VALUE PROPOSITION FOR THE HARDWARE and will just buy what they find on pcpartpicker.com or whatever is suggested to them by their friends or websites.

1: I bought the hardware and brought the system up to functional.

2: I installed the Corsair Link software.

3: There was a pronounced stuttering and staggering in software and games, including mouse lagging in the base desktop environment, and in games like GTAV where there were previously no stutters.

4: After installing MS Performance Monitor and Analyzer and that entire suite, I was able to isolate the DPC interrupts to this software.

5: I uninstalled the software.

6: No stuttering.

7: I uninstalled all Razer software for my Blackwidow 2, Deathadder Chroma mouse and Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset, and reinstalled the Corsair Link software.

8: I unplugged the Razer USB devices and restarted the machine using startup scripts to track the DPC latency and performance.

9: RESULTS WERE JUST AS BAD.

I'm sure that the issue has to do with an update with the Intel ME firmware, or there IMEI software, or whatever, but that's not THE USER'S FAULT. Your developers need to suck it up, do their jobs, and server the customer. If it's a hardware conflict THAT'S ON YOU TO FIX! You sell a selection of hardware components that are INFRASTRUCTURAL! Everything depends on the power supply, system memory and cooling system! If you have no plan on providing the service you offer, STOP PUTTING i ON THE END OF YOUR PART NUMBERS TO CHARGE A HIGHER PRICE WITH THE VALUE PROPOSITION THAT THE i MEANS INTELLIGENT INTERACTION WITH THE HARDWARE THROUGH A SOFTWARE, IN-BAND OS INTERFACE! Please. I'm asking this a a fan and supporter that just wants to advocate for the product that they purchased honestly, because the product that they were sold was done so honestly as well.

• 7 months later...

Guys, i have the same issue.

But the thing is, i uninstall the iLink software but the lags still remain. Before it helped,when i was uninstalling it, now it's not.

My Hardware:

Corsair H110i

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

i7 4960X

64 Gigs Ram 2133

1200W FSP PSU

Is there any solution to that?

Shame on you corsair.

Guys, i have the same issue.

But the thing is, i uninstall the iLink software but the lags still remain. Before it helped,when i was uninstalling it, now it's not.

My Hardware:

Corsair H110i

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

i7 4960X

64 Gigs Ram 2133

1200W FSP PSU

Is there any solution to that?

Shame on you corsair.

It would probably be better to start a new thread, in the Corsair Link section. You will also need to document what version of Link you're using, Windows version, etc. Given you have the issue without Link installed as well, it is a little premature to start assigning blame to a problem you have to yet to get a handle on.

There are already a few topics with no answer on that matter.

Premature is when you aint do **** to fix the problem that exist more than an year.

i used all the iLink versions, tried everything, reinstalled my windows 10 pro, nothing helps

There are already a few topics with no answer on that matter.

Premature is when you aint do **** to fix the problem that exist more than an year.

i used all the iLink versions, tried everything, reinstalled my windows 10 pro, nothing helps

It seems like you are looking for an apology rather than actual troubleshooting. You can contact Corsair directly through the ticket system or traditional correspondence.

Archived