Corsair Community

AX1200i spins fans when PC is off

duh1nonly

I just did an upgrade to an X299 mobo and CPU. I kept my current CORSAIR AX1200i PSU. I am now using a CORSAIR Power Commander Pro to manage my 6 HD120 RGB fans.

Before I had all my fans run off the motherboard. The Commander Pro is powered by a SATA power connector in my newly upgraded system and connects to the mobo via internal USB.

Now whenever I power off my computer- all my fans spin very slowly. No LEDs on the fans- they just spin really slow 24 hours a day now. When I power on my system they light up and spin at whatever I have them set to inside CORSAIR LINK. If I flip the main power switch on the back of the PSU to off- they stop spinning. As soon as I flip back to on (without powering on the PC) the fans spin.

If I remove the USB connector from the Commander Pro to the mobo- the fans still spin. If I plug a fan onto a 4 pin molex or a SATA power connector- the fan will spin so I know it is not the Commander Pro. Any fan plugged into my PSU power cables stay powered on ever so slightly when my PC is shut off. It is not in hibernate or sleep mode.

That can't possibly be good for my fans to be running at such a low power every hour of every day I am not on my PC?

Is this a known issue? Is there an easy fix I don't know about?

Thank you for any help in advance!

-Rob

• 1 month later...
No one else has experienced this issue?

To me this seems very strange and I wonder if the AX1200i has an issue.

If you have a DVM/DMM then check what voltage is present on the Molex +12 and +5 outputs when the system is "off".

I feel you should contact Corsair Support about this effect.

I know another member with the same PSU + MB + CLCP, I just asked him about this and he does not get this effect.

Archived