Corsair Community

New LL120 RGB White: Questions

sym30l1c

Hi folks,

I'm interested in replacing the fans on my H150i with the new LL120 RGB white and I have a couple of questions:

- According on the tech specs on the Corsair page, the fan speed is 2200 +/- 10% RPM.

In the overview, though, it says: "Dynamically control fan speed from 360 RPM to 2,200 RPM to minimize noise or maximize airflow."

So do the fans run at constant speed around 2200 RPM or can I control the speed? The information is not very clear.

- Also, according to the tech specs, the sound level is 36dBA. Does that figure refer to the noise at full speed?

Cheers

The fans are PWM controlled and thus should operate at any speed you choose between 360-2200 rpm. The +-10% is the normal variance on the limits.

36 db is for the maximum 2200 rpm, although to be technical that is the anechoic chamber level for a single fan with no resistance. It's going to be a little louder at that speed on a radiator, as will any other fan when placed on a radiator. Don't take these decibel levels too literally. You can do some rough comparisons, but it gets hard to equalize for RPM since loudness if almost never linear. Also, other than for giggles, you are never going to run the fans flat out. It is just isn't necessary unless you are running some monster 18 core CPU. Even then, airflow over the fins is not likely going to be the limitation.

Archived