Corsair Community

h80i problem after mobo upgrade

bMkLEGENDEN

Hi!

I just changed my motherboard from a Asus Maximus VIII Ranger to a Maximus X Hero, after that change i cant see my H80i pump in device manger or corsair linked.

Have checked the CPU_FAN and fixed so the QFAN is disabled, checked the USB Cable.

Right now i have no clue what to do, everything worked fine before the motherboard upgrade.

Please help, thanks

I also "lost" connection to the h80i and now my fans run at full and its very loud

I didnt upgrade my mother board but the pump is not showing up in device manager or link 4.

tried disconnecting the usb restarting and connecting again but no go.

what else can I try?

I also "lost" connection to the h80i and now my fans run at full and its very loud

I didnt upgrade my mother board but the pump is not showing up in device manager or link 4.

tried disconnecting the usb restarting and connecting again but no go.

what else can I try?

ASUS usually gives (in most board boxes) a DVD with a full setup, did you run this to ensure the proper drivers for that new board are installed? You may be missing something there. Also, check the BIOS under the USB configuration and check the separate USB ports to ensure the one you have it plugged into is indeed enabled (also would be a good time to turn off ones that have nothing connected to them so troubleshooting USB connections later won't have you sifting through a whole bunch of unused HUBs).

Right click on "This PC" or "Computer" and select "Manage", this will get you to Computer Management where you can get to the Device Manager to look for drivers that are complaining, if nothing is complaining, open the USB up to see if you see the H80i, if it's not there, go into the "View" menu and select "Show Hidden Devices", if you see any H80i's (Corsair USBXp Driver) in there, remove all of them. Click on "Action" menu and "Scan for hardware changes", make sure to watch the USB section, it should show you what is happening when the H80i is installing, if you see nothing then double check the header you plugged it into and possibly move it to another empty header and try it again.

GuruSR.

• Corsair Employee
ASUS usually gives (in most board boxes) a DVD with a full setup, did you run this to ensure the proper drivers for that new board are installed? You may be missing something there. Also, check the BIOS under the USB configuration and check the separate USB ports to ensure the one you have it plugged into is indeed enabled (also would be a good time to turn off ones that have nothing connected to them so troubleshooting USB connections later won't have you sifting through a whole bunch of unused HUBs).

Right click on "This PC" or "Computer" and select "Manage", this will get you to Computer Management where you can get to the Device Manager to look for drivers that are complaining, if nothing is complaining, open the USB up to see if you see the H80i, if it's not there, go into the "View" menu and select "Show Hidden Devices", if you see any H80i's (Corsair USBXp Driver) in there, remove all of them. Click on "Action" menu and "Scan for hardware changes", make sure to watch the USB section, it should show you what is happening when the H80i is installing, if you see nothing then double check the header you plugged it into and possibly move it to another empty header and try it again.

GuruSR.

GuruSR hit this on the head. Be sure to install your drivers from your CD or directly from your motherboard manufacturer website. Typically, the website is the best option as they may have newer drivers available for download compared to the cd.

• 2 weeks later...
GuruSR hit this on the head. Be sure to install your drivers from your CD or directly from your motherboard manufacturer website. Typically, the website is the best option as they may have newer drivers available for download compared to the cd.

One of the things we do when replacing motherboards is forcing Windows to rebuild the driver database with the presented motherboard DVD (or the entire contents of that DVD onto a USB stick), so that when the machine reboots, it re-installs all of the drivers needed for that motherboard, this way it forces the original driver files onto the system, there is no cross-contamination of driver files that were updated for the old board that may not properly function with the new one. Windows may see those updated components of the driver as updated and will leave them in place (why "Driver Updaters" are a bad idea). Most likely this person could be having a cross-contamination of the driver file(s) and diagnosing that is like finding a needle in space. Would recommend a force rebuild from the motherboard DVD, then go to the website for the motherboard and download the latest and update them all, see if that issue vanishes. Can the new board see the cooler from the BIOS?

GuruSR.

Archived