Corsair Community

4 LL120 Fans, Only 3 Lighting up (Have been through every troubleshoot with support

dwhit95

I am at a complete loss at this point. So basically, whichever fan is plugged into the 4th slot on the led fan hub won't light up. All fans spin fine though. Corsair even sent me a new hub thinking that was the issue and it was the same result: the fan in slot 4 doesn't light up.

I have swapped the fan in slot 4 with all of the other slots and that fan previously plugged in 4 (now plugged in 1,2 or 3) lights up fine so I know this issue isn't linked to the LEDs in any of the fans. I have even completely wiped iCue and reinstalled the newest version and this issue still happens whenever I define 4 fans connected in the software. In fact iCue only detects 3 even when doing this. I have tried SATA ports where only the fan hub is plugged into it. I have tried plugging the 4th fan in slot 5 and 6 and no fix either.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I spoke with a rep for about 30 mins and he had no idea after we tried every troubleshoot he could think of. I just want all of my fans to work as they should.

Can you show your a screen shot of your iCUE configuration? The Lighting configuration screen should be enough.

Does Instant Lighting work?

Have you specifically swapped fan 3 and fan 4? Or Fan 3 and Fan 1?

I'll get back to you later tonight after all the festivities.

Can you show your a screen shot of your iCUE configuration? The Lighting configuration screen should be enough.

Does Instant Lighting work?

Have you specifically swapped fan 3 and fan 4? Or Fan 3 and Fan 1?

Okay, so I managed to fix it. After reinstalling iCue I noticed in the lighting channel setup I had to define how many fans are installed. When I set it as 4 it worked. I never even knew this feature existed. I just assumed it automatically detected how many fans there were. Support never asked me if I had the correct number of fans defined either. I feel so stupid for not noticing this but happy they all work now.

Archived