Corsair Community

TWIN2X1024-8500C5D on Asus P5Q-SE & BSOD

zagor69

Hello to all

I just decide to upgrade my father's PC from an Intel E5200 to an E6700

After that, I saw the FSB for the old CPU was 800MHz and for the new one is 1066MHz, so I decide to change also its RAM, just to have it a little bit faster, and I bought the RAM in the object.

Now, with both modules installed, when I have the windows (XP) desktop, while it's still loading, the BSOD appear with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I try with just one module installed and the BSOD appear before the Windows loading logo.

In the BIOS (the last released by ASUS) I left everything like before the mod (AUTO), I suppose the memory should be recognized and managed correctly by the motherboard, or not?

What is wrong?

Tks in advance

• Corsair Employee
That kit is compatible with that board/CPU. Have you tried clearing the board's CMOS? And you are not mixing the old RAM set and the new Corsair RAM set right? Also, have tried one memory stick at the time? if you get the same result on both, then it most likely not your DRAM but rather something else. Is that a brand new CPU?

Hi

For the CMOS I didn't try to clear it, maybe because the only BIOS parameter changed was from IDE to AHCI, all the remaining parameters were left as ASUS default.

The Corsair kit is bought to replace the previous RAM, not to be added as you already suspect

The CPU is brand new, as per Intel specifications the E6700 is working at 1066MHz FSB, that's the reason why I decide to replace the old 800MHz RAM with this Corsair kit

Do you think I have also to try to set manually the RAM voltage to 2,2v instead to leave it in AUTO?

Tks in advance

• Corsair Employee

You can try inputting the DRAM voltage manually in BIOS and see if that will change anything.

So did you try those sticks one at the time? And you're testing each stick on the second DIMM slot away from the CPU right? It should be the black slot. Make sure they are properly seated as well.

Hello

Setting the voltage manually didn't change anything

So, I decided to run Memtest86+, one stick, after one hour, was ok, the other one was failing in any slot I insert it.

Finally I'm asking to my self if these modules have any kind of warranty, I'll check

Tks for your support!!

Archived