Corsair Community

corsair 650D 200mm Fan help

azulon1

Guys, hello. I need to ask if i wanted to put a h100i in the top part of my case, could i resource that nice 200mm fan elsewhere in the case. i hate wasting or not using fans. i am not willing to buy the case if i can't. hate wasted fans which i pay for. also can't you guys at corsair make clean cases? like no windows, full brushed or adonized aluminum, and make it just a flat no flashy design. just a idea for you RAMGUY. maybe you could relay the message. WE WANT MORE CASES LIKE THE 700D. don't know why you guys odn't make them.

Hey, where do i get those panels without the window. can i resource the 200m fan anywhere? PLEASE i am begging. I need it, please i want the perfect case. but i am not a looser and i don't want a trashy case with windows and light and stupid stuff. jesus, why can't corsair appeal to the classy crowd. it just bothers me a company of such premium reputation uses led fans and windowed cases. makes no damn sense.

oh ok thank you but. can you guys help me out? you guys know the Lian Li A76, or the lian pc-a71f. well i want to acheive the look of those cases. please sirs, i want the look of the lian li that i stated above with aluminum preferablly or steel. I would out right buy the A76, but the problem is that while the a76 is a brilliant performer and best quiet cases and great features, its aluminum is apparently thin on the side panels, and honestly build quality means a ton to me. i buy macs mainly for the build quality, even when i know they are overpriced, thats how much i care about quality. anways i was wondering whether the 900d is going to have a all aluminum build. there are lian li's in the 400 range for thicker aluminum, but fum that man, 400 dollars on a case pffffft.

WHAT I ASK IS HOW DO I GET A CASE LOOKING LIKE THE LIAN LI that i stated above, and still make it have quality and stuff. PLEASE any case reccomendations. Don't reccomend the 550d, i know the 550d is Exactly the kind of thing i want except it has that indented motherboard placement which won't fit my larger motherboard.

Azulon1,

I looked at the Lian Li cases you listed, and both of those are full towers, where the 650D is a mid tower. If you wanted to compare apples-to-apples, wouldn't you want to look at the 800D (or as you said, 900D) instead?

Again, you can get a non-windowed side panel for the 800D through Corsair's website, here.

What about the Lian Li's looks do you like better than the 650D? If it's just the window, get the new side panel without one. Is it that the Lian Li's have a door/cover over the front bays/fans? Unless you have something fab'd up, I don't think you'll find the solution you're looking for.

Of course, this is just my unofficial $0.02

I want the corsair 800d, i really do. but the 800d has just fallen to the way side man. the features are outdated as heck. its just not the apex predator it once was. does anyone know if the 900d is bigger than the 800d? i don't want super big stuff.

does anyone know if the 900d is bigger than the 800d? i don't want super big stuff.

I haven't seen "official" dimensions (they may be out there, but I haven't seen them), but on another website it lists the 900D as 25.78" x 27.32" x 9.88".

Compare that to the 800D at 24" x 24" x 9".

sorry to break it to corsair, but the 900d is a terrible case. i understand radiator space and size go together. but there is a point which a case not get bigger than. like there is a point where too much is too much. a point where all the elegance is down the drain. 900d is a oversized pig. sorry to be harsh engineer at corsair, but you made 800d, you should have just innovated on the size of the 800d and find a way to get a quad rad in there. creativity not just pure size.

• Administrators
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but reviewing a case that's not out yet is a little bit premature. It's not to your liking and that's ok. We are always working on new products just like everyone else. Maybe a case in a couple of years will meet your needs and style requirements, maybe we'll never hit your sweet spot.

Archived