Corsair Community

iCUE v3.4.95 Lighting Profiles Go to Rainbow on Lock Screen

kilstain

Pong still isn't right for me. The effect on each fan moves the opposite way to the direction of the sequence. When the sequence moves from the front to the back of my case the effect on each fan moves in the opposite direction and vice versa.

My fans are set up as follows -

1. Front bottom

2, Front middle

3, Front top

4, Top front

5, Top rear

6, Rear

Fan wires are facing the back of the case.

Should I have connected them starting from the back, have I orientated them incorrectly or is iCue at fault?

It sounds like your orientation is off. Did it work properly in Link?

It sounds like your orientation is off. Did it work properly in Link?

I'm a recent NZXT refugee after losing patience with CAM. My Corsair fans, lighting, AIO and fan controller are fairly new so I never used Link, only iCue.

If my orientation is wrong I'd have to turn all fans 180° which would mean all the fan wires would be facing towards the front of my case and I'd have to route them around their own fans and towards the back of my case where my Commander Pro is. Knowing how people hate seeing wires it seems strange that they'd be designed to be orientated with the wires in full view. What I'm saying is I'd rather not use pong than have wires in view.

Edit - when I say the wires are facing the back of my case I mean towards the motherboard and if I were to 180° them the wires would be facing the side window which is the front if you're looking at it from the side... Not confusing at all :laughing:

Edited by H1LLIER
Clarification

• 1 month later...

it is a shame the mm800 RGB mousepad doesn't have a hardware lighting effect.

when my pc monitors go to sleep and my PC locks (else cat sits on the keyboard) everything stays about the same color (though out of sync!!!!) but the mouse pad is a damn rainbow again.. ARRRGGH

• 3 weeks later...
I can't find the hardware lightingoption on the Vengeance RGB Pro or K70. Am I missing something?

Not sure about the Vengeance RGB Pro, but for the K70 you click on the K70 on the home screen, then on profiles and select a blacked out profile, then click the little memory card looking button that says "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device."

It seems to me that the "save to device" and "hardware lighting" pretty much do the same thing. They could probably add the hardware lighting box to the lighting effects drop down on the K70. I'm guessing the save to device is still needed for macros or custom key mapping (not sure I haven't messed with that).

The "hardware lighting" introduced on iCUE 3.10 is for fans, strips, and some coolers that previously had none on iCUE. Keyboards and mice that were already capable of this will still be capable through the prior "save to device" drop down setting. Note some users were having trouble with "save to device" on 3.10 and 3.11 for external devices like keyboards and mice. That was unintended and I am sure a fix is coming.

The "hardware lighting" introduced on iCUE 3.10 is for fans, strips, and some coolers that previously had none on iCUE. Keyboards and mice that were already capable of this will still be capable through the prior "save to device" drop down setting. Note some users were having trouble with "save to device" on 3.10 and 3.11 for external devices like keyboards and mice. That was unintended and I am sure a fix is coming.

That makes sense. I believe I set mine up in a previous version and haven't tried it on 3.10+.

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue. I was having it on my PC after messing around with some settings in ICUE.

Mine was being caused by my "Hardware Lighting" Setting having defaulted back to Rainbow as opposed to the static colour I had it set too, just like I have set in the "lighting channel" section.

I've set them both to the same colour and static as they were before and this appears to have fixed the issue for me, so hopefully this will help some people out.

Thanks

• 7 months later...
Hey good ideas, but i tried that with no avail. The stuff icue or corsair service relies on stops running during lock state, so no matter what you do in that event in task scheduler (that i have tried anyways) even using run highest privileges, wake pc and on any user lock nothing seems to work. I even tried my gamesdk ProfileArgument switcher exe and it can't function in lock state. I think it is just a function of the hardware unfortunately as certain devices just do not have the memory so without being told to do x they have a physical default. The only fix would be: finding a way to cut the power on lock state, reverse engineering the innards of the devices (which is probably quite tricky and voids warranty). They may end up fixing the formerly link compatible stuff but the ST100, the polaris, there's no real software solution i would imagine

It irritated me to high heaven that the ST100 RGB went to rainbow puke on lock screen. So I opted to try something kinda extreme, but not necessarily worth going through to make it stay a static color during lock screen.

I set up a windows virtual machine and installed ICUE in that machine. Then I did a pass through to make it as if the ST100 RGB is plugged directly into the virtual machine. Leaving that minimized and logged in, I was able to keep the device at a static red to match my system color scheme, even during lock screen on the main machine. I'm happy it worked, but it's way too much work considering it's just to keep one measly device set at a static color.

st100rgb.jpg

This product just should have had non-volatile memory in order to keep a hardware profile aside from the software.

Edited by Krazie316

I set up a windows virtual machine and installed ICUE in that machine

This product just should have had non-volatile memory in order to keep a hardware profile aside from the software.

Yeah and I don't understand it either. I sure hope they find a way to fix it

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.

Having a similar issue with my cpu cooler H115i pro xt. My color profile runs nicely, then on lock screen it's always super bright green and I hate it. I see no where in iCUE to either keep the profile, or change the profile, or turn it off. I'd like to make a lock screen profile where it's a solid color with the brightness dialed way down.

Computer is in my room where I sleep, so this is deal breaker if I can't find a work around. What's this other software Cue/Link? I'm new to this. Would I just uninstall iCue and try something with Cue/Link?

thanks!

BUMP.

Having a similar issue with my cpu cooler H115i pro xt. My color profile runs nicely, then on lock screen it's always super bright green and I hate it. I see no where in iCUE to either keep the profile, or change the profile, or turn it off. I'd like to make a lock screen profile where it's a solid color with the brightness dialed way down.

Computer is in my room where I sleep, so this is deal breaker if I can't find a work around. What's this other software Cue/Link? I'm new to this. Would I just uninstall iCue and try something with Cue/Link?

thanks!

Click Lighting effects

>

Hardware lighting (at the bottom)

>

Change to Static Colour

>

Set:

R = 0

G = 0

B = 0

# = 000000

Now click back to your normal profile.

>

Lock your computer and see what happens.

HTH's

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Click Lighting effects

>

Hardware lighting (at the bottom)

>

Change to Static Colour

>

Set:

R = 0

G = 0

B = 0

# = 000000

Now click back to your normal profile.

>

Lock your computer and see what happens.

HTH's

did this, no change, resets my Vengeance RGB RAM and now the M65 Elite Mouse back to default settings.

on a side note, iCUE still gets flagged by browsers as a security risk since it downloads as a .msi file instead of a installer as a .exe

iCUE is running as admin elevated, but locking my system sends the RAM and the Mouse back to default.

Coincidentally, LINK did not have this problem with the RAM, but, LINK does not recognize the M65 Elite.

• 1 month later...