Corsair Community

H100i Platinum - Coolant temp randomly jumping up and down without any CPU load.

Frankz

Lately I've been experiencing a weird issue. The fan profile is set to react to the coolant temperature(this is the default setting) and it goes through a very random cycle of jumping up from 33°C to 46°C in about a minute, I notice this when I hear the fans ramping up, and then a minute later it drops down to the usual idle temp of 33°C again.

When checking the CPU temps reported by RealTemp they sit at the 35-39°C mark all the time.

I have a hard time believing that the coolant temp can just sit at 46°C when the cpu temp never reaches that temperature.

All of this happens when the CPU load is around 0 to 10%, no intensive tasks other than a firefox browser with paused video are opened...

So I'm thinking there may be some sort of defect with the temperature sensor?

I've turned on logging in the iCue software and this is a cutout from that, 5 second interval logging

No code has to be inserted here.

And a screenshot showing CPU temps while the Coolant temp is at 46C

hDFWj8o.png

I had this happen with my first Platinum cooler and had it replaced.

However ... look at the temps. Not only does it jump 6-7C in seconds (which really doesn't seem to match what the physics should be), it also drops 6-7C in seconds (which also doesn't' seem to match with that physics should be). There's something definitely wonky here. I would contact support ...

I had this happen with my first Platinum cooler and had it replaced.

However ... look at the temps. Not only does it jump 6-7C in seconds (which really doesn't seem to match what the physics should be), it also drops 6-7C in seconds (which also doesn't' seem to match with that physics should be). There's something definitely wonky here. I would contact support ...

Did you at any point wipe & reinstall the software when you had these issues?

I'm honestly thinking this may be software related.

I know there are a huge amount of variables to this but I switched to a custom fan profile using the CPU Package temps, and well... no more ramping up & down, which is to be expected but I haven't really seen the Coolant temp sensor jump up anymore either, has been stable for a while now.

Idk I just want to troubleshoot as much as I can before going the RMA route, I can't begin to describe how much it would suck having to go through that whole replacement process.

Did you ever find a way to trigger this behavior @DevBiker ? For me it only happens randomly, like 4 days it'll function fine, but on the 5th it'll act up all day long until I do something about it.

I got in touch with support but can't really verify if their suggestions have any effect because I have no idea how to trigger this behavior or if its even possible to do so.

Archived