Corsair Community

Icue 3.2.87 lightning node problem

Dan_O

So I just updated icue to latest version.

The problem is that no matter what setting I choose my lightning node strips resets to rainbow after a minute or so.

Anyone got any idea of what is causing this? Its really annoying since it damages my setup theme.

Actually, it happens with static colors ... period. I had noticed this with Instant Lighting; I didn't realize that it was any static color on the NoPro.

To workaround this ... rather than a static color, set it to "Color Shift". Have the two colors off by 1 value. For example, if you want all red, all the time ... set color 1 to 255, 0, 0 and then color 2 to 255, 1, 0. Your eyes won't see the difference but it'll force iCue to update the color values for the NoPro's RGB channels.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi team,

I think it is not a good idea to use Color Shift. Personally, I think it needs to be fixed because it is a bug. I have the same problem. Static color is always automatically reset to rainbow color after 30 sec.

I am using the latest version and not using instant mode.

Thank you.

Hi team,

I think it is not a good idea to use Color Shift. Personally, I think it needs to be fixed because it is a bug. I have the same problem. Static color is always automatically reset to rainbow color after 30 sec.

I am using the latest version and not using instant mode.

Thank you.

I don't recall anyone saying that this wasn't a bug ... or that it shouldn't be fixed.

It's a workaround for a known issue until it gets fixed. Jeez.

• 3 weeks later...
I am sorry. I don't want to be rude. But why does it take so long to fix this? 'cause it has been reported more than 1 month ago. Thank you in advance.

It's entirely possible that it's fixed but, for other reasons, an update isn't ready yet. Corsair isn't going to do a release to just fix 1 single issue ... instead, there will be a set of fixes and new functionality. And there's always the possibility that new functionality is causing an issue (or a regression bug) that holds up the release ... for example, a regression bug that causes a crash or high CPU usage on a number of systems (though not all). It's a fine balancing act.

Also ... consider this ... from a prioritization perspective (and software program management is all about prioritization), this isn't a very serious bug. Yes, it's a bug and yes, it's annoying but there is a known workaround and it doesn't cause crashes.

Ok thank you. The latest version makes the cpu usage increase from 1% to 11%. Hope that in your "prioritization perspective (and software program management is all about prioritization)", it can be considered as a serious bug now :) Please help!

Archived