Corsair Community

iCUE K95 update error.

Kasatome

Help, I did this and now my keyboard wont detect!

fixed the problem apparently that firmware wasn't ment for the OLD K95.

I also installed this firmware and now my keyboard no longer functions. How did you fix it? I am currently stuck using a spare keyboard. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had this issue for about a month or so. Failed after about 3% everytime, I fixed it by changing the number on the switch on the top of the keyboard near the cable from 1 to 2. Ran the update and it worked. I then changed it back to 1 after I was finished. Hope this helps someone else with the issue.

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

So James is investigating the issue, but I've been noticing a lot of people get around it by going into Safe Mode with Networking.

How to enter Safe Mode with Networking: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

Just boot into it and open iCUE manually, then attempt the update.

• 2 weeks later...
I also had this problem with my K95 and M65, however when I plugged it to usb 3.1 the firmware update was succesful

This worked perfectly for me! Thanks a lot for the tip!!!

I managed to update to the latest firmware for my K95 by plugging the keyboard to the USB 3.1 port (not USB 3.0 - I had the same issue on USB 3.0)

How come other users did not try this ???

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

Unplug the keyboard and plug it into the USB ports at the top of the back of the PC. If they already are, move them to another USB stack somewhere on the back of the PC.

Normally that happens because of an issue with USB connectivity. If neither of those options above work, try booting into Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking.

Also coming in confirming that booting into Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking worked. Both the K95 Platinum and M65 RGB Elite.

Edit: the keyboard got worse and would disconnect in 1 minute vs 5 minutes. Especially 100% after i launched Black Ops 4. Now with the CRP_DISABLED route i am able to launch and play a match without the keyboard disconnecting itself.

Edited by Antares16M26

• 1 month later...
1. Download the attached file

2. Unplug the keyboard

3. Locate the pinhole under the right leg.

4. Plug the keyboard in while pressing the pinhole button.

5. Copy the .bin file to CRP_DISABLED.

6. Unplug and replug the keyboard.

I've tried these steps, but everytime I replug there is still CRP DISABLD drive with old 2009 256 kb firmware.bin

I'm feeling desperate I tried it again and again and again resulting nothing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just came here to mention that I was able to complete the firmware update normally through iCue, without encountering an error, by going into Safe Mode with Networking. Did it a couple months ago and it's been fine since, aside from the typical intermittent profile loading errors on launch (which occurred before as well and are more than likely related to iCue rather than the keyboard itself).

Might be worth a shot for anyone who hasn't tried.

Cheers to Corsair Calico Jack for this solution.

Edited by JohnnyRainbow

• 5 weeks later...

1. Tried to reset via Safe Mode w/ Networking --> didn't work

2. Tried plugging in a different USB port (3.1 / 3.0 / 2.0) --> didnt work

Wanted to mention what worked for me, and was too simple.

Installed latest iCue (v3.18.77) on my work laptop, plugged the K95 RGB Platinum keyboard on it, instantly recognized my default lighting profile (only use one atm), and all was fixed.

Plugged it back to my PC (hot-plug no problem, no PC restart needed) and everything worked fine. No firmware update was necessary as it already had the latest one.

Hope this method helps someone else.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...